The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This panned out exactly like that Northern Ireland friendly a few months ago. Plenty of the ball but absolutely no idea what to do with it and always looking vulnerable to sucker punch goal. It's obvious the other coaches know this too.

Hungary are an awful side. That fat guy up front would get laughed out the Scottish Championship, seriously he would. 

Clarke didn't have much good will in the bank with me from the start but he's certainly not got any now.

Clarke's style of play worked in the dog shit swamp that is the scottish premiership. Not on the European stage though with you have some actual world class players. 

Frustrating that Hungary were there for the taking 1st half, tbh Hungary got tactics spot on. "Let them have all the ball cause they won't know what to do with it"

Have the feeling Clarke will decide himself to move on and get back to club management as he's been there about 5/6 years now I think and probably took us as far as we can.

Don't see the Moyes clamour, he played just as honking a style of football at West Ham

Not being Ayr biased here when I say this but Shankland did more in 20 minutes than Adams did over 3 games. 

Only Scotland too could end up with the golden chance falling to fucking Grant Hanley 🤣

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Clarke's style of play worked in the dog shit swamp that is the scottish premiership. Not on the European stage though with you have some actual world class players. 

Frustrating that Hungary were there for the taking 1st half, tbh Hungary got tactics spot on. "Let them have all the ball cause they won't know what to do with it"

Have the feeling Clarke will decide himself to move on and get back to club management as he's been there about 5/6 years now I think and probably took us as far as we can.

Don't see the Moyes clamour, he played just as honking a style of football at West Ham

Not being Ayr biased here when I say this but Shankland did more in 20 minutes than Adams did over 3 games. 

Only Scotland too could end up with the golden chance falling to fucking Grant Hanley 🤣

Statues of Grant Hanley in every town centre if that had went in though.

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I sometimes feel that being an Ayr United fan has desensitised me to footballing disappointment, but f**k me that was a sore one.

Think Clarke was more concerned tonight about making sure we were still in the game for as long as possible and not being game over after 20 minutes alas Germany. Than actually going after Hungary...

Watching that tonight made me feel like watching a Bullen team post Dipo where it was all this side to side and backwards shite between midfield and defence with no forward vision

My god what a breath of fresh air Scott Brown has been

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Statues of Grant Hanley in every town centre if that had went in though.

Yeah that would have been proper out of this world stuff if he'd curled a peach into the top right hand corner 

A Kilmarnock fan I know is posting that the most important tonight was that the Hungarian boy is stable in hospital. 

Small comfort to the folk that have spent more than they can afford to watch Steve Clarke try and draw 3 games 

33 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Watching that tonight made me feel like watching a Bullen team post Dipo where it was all this side to side and backwards shite between midfield and defence with no forward vision

I said exactly that.. Proper Bullen ball. 

50 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

That's not biased at all, if anything it's common sense 😊

🫤 Why wouldn't you start the highest scorer in Scottish football in an important game like that!?

Steve Clarke has to go now.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The biggest issue I had with tonight was that we persevered with a system that was only used to accommodate two players. So why when one of those players was injured, did we not change to something that suited the players we had available. 

Fwiw that system hasn’t actually worked since roughly October last year so what’s the point. 

Because all preparations would be based on that formation, they'd have only had Friday to work on an entire new system, where they expect people to be at certain points etc.  

Clarke on the verge of going full Malky Mackay with his comments on the ref. Hopefully unhinged enough to get a P45 once the sfa reviews the campaign.

Of course the sfa track record is to wait to see total failure rather than anticipating it and acting in advance, so I suspect we're in for two more years of Clarkeball.

Edited by Iain

The Argentinians have always had it in for Scotland….

Clarke has looked frazzled throughout the tournament.  I think he gave up when he is talisman Championship striker Dykes got injured.  Is there even any point in winning without him in the team? 

27 minutes ago, Nelson said:

The Argentinians have always had it in for Scotland….

Clarke has looked frazzled throughout the tournament.  I think he gave up when he is talisman Championship striker Dykes got injured.  Is there even any point in winning without him in the team? 

Clarke is basically just a dour Bullen. Shankland would have been 3rd choice behind the Dykes and Adams.

He needs binned.