The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, on the Somerset Road End Facebook page. 

That's a bit silly. I wouldn't necessarily start him every week in the Championship but he's a hard worker who can make things happen and a great player to have in the squad.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:
14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Is our manager wearing Crocs? Get him out my club now! 
ADE8D273-331A-44A1-A88B-C3BC173668B6.thumb.jpeg.97061ba0e0fc9ee7c1e18ce3bd7b549d.jpeg

With regards to the actual reasoning for the photo I would say it's fantastic that the hard working staff and volunteers who work behind the scenes have been recognised by getting a medal and feeling like part of the club.

Brilliant to see the hard working team being rewarded for their efforts. Did Dave Sargent get his too for his miles of dedication to capture the team on camera nearly every Saturday in every weather imaginable?

With Rose, Higgins, Adams and Bell, I think we probably will only need 1 more centre half, who, I’ve no idea. If Ferguson is to re-sign, a left back will complete the defence. That leaves McDaid and Crawford to be finalised (either staying or leaving) and maybe another midfielder needed along with the goalkeeping situation to be sorted.

Edited by callum-ayr

53 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

With Rose, Higgins, Adams and Bell, I think we probably will only need 1 more centre half, who, I’ve no idea. If Ferguson is to re-sign, a left back will complete the defence. That leaves McDaid and Crawford to be finalised (either staying or leaving) and maybe another midfielder needed along with the goalkeeping situation to be sorted.

Agree with this, We need a GK (McCrorie seems to be the most likely), LB (Crane and Marshall mentioned), CB and CM (Hope this midfielder is more in the attacking style as all our midfielders are more defensive minded). If there is any budget left then I would look at a winger. This is all presuming Hart, Ferguson, McDaid and Crawford re-sign.

I've no idea where AUmedia got hold of that of video of me celebrating the re-signing of the Big Dreamboat.

You'd think they could get a wee pic of him atop a wee grey fergie signing his contract.

Edited by ayrmad

Wouldn't have wanted him back anyway tbh
Looks as if our goalie is going to be McCrorie by all accounts anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do because he seems to be the real deal, could end up being an excellent signing.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Looks as if our goalie is going to be McCrorie by all accounts anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do because he seems to be the real deal, could end up being an excellent signing.

Yeah itll be interesting to see how he gets on if it is going to be him. Certainly is a lot of excitement about him.

If all of the saves Fleming had to make were from penalties then he would have been an ideal keeper.  Thought he was pretty mediocre and in some cases quite poor at everything else

I loved Fleming for his penalty saving heroics but the reality is he wasn’t quite up to this level. No idea why so many people were clamouring for him to re-sign.

Edited by eez-eh