The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Anyone know what strikers would be available that would add competition for Dowds and Oakley? Only player I recognise is jai quitongo who I would hope we don’t touch with a barge pole 

See, I was thinking Alex Kirk for the back four. Without a club.

Quitongo wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, let's be honest.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

See, I was thinking Alex Kirk for the back four. Without a club.

Quitongo wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, let's be honest.

We could play him on the wing. 

Pressure on for Hamilton away now - today is one of the most embarrassing results in our recent history and now up against our ex keeper and captain. There's not a chance neither Shaw or Todorov score so we need 2 - Is there a bus going ?  

Edited by Hursty

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Pressure on for Hamilton away now - today is one of the most embarrassing results in our recent history and now up against our ex keeper and captain.  Is there a bus going ?  

I’m not sure it’s anywhere near embarrassing, 22 shots on goal and 70% possession. A 3-2 victory. A dominant performance. Concede 2 goals because we had 8 men camped in the opposition half for 90 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Pressure on for Hamilton away now - today is one of the most embarrassing results in our recent history and now up against our ex keeper and captain.  Is there a bus going ?  

We've all been Ayr fans too long to consider literally winning a football match as an embarrassing result. Found myself genuinely embarrassed multiple times last season for good reason. Could of had 10 goals today if not for wayward finishing 

That wasn't even Buckie's strongest XI today BTW.  We should be ashamed of that IMO.  I remember having loads of possession at Auchinleck and losing  by being 'unlucky' - Its a wee bit worrying for me that folk don't agree.  

Edited by Hursty

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

That wasn't even Buckie's strongest XI today BTW.  We should be ashamed of that 

Buckie were set up to not get humped, they tried to kill the game and hit us on the counter. Had Dowds been at it, he could have probably scored 4 himself. They time wasted from the kick-off, one of the restarts took 5min because their players wouldn’t leave the Ayr half of the pitch. 
It was just one of those days where it wasn’t happening for us. 

36 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Anyone know what strikers would be available that would add competition for Dowds and Oakley? Only player I recognise is jai quitongo who I would hope we don’t touch with a barge pole 

Stevie May is available. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Buckie were set up to not get humped, they tried to kill the game and hit us on the counter. Had Dowds been at it, he could have probably scored 4 himself. They time wasted from the kick-off, one of the restarts took 5min because their players wouldn’t leave the Ayr half of the pitch. 
It was just one of those days where it wasn’t happening for us. 

All fair points.  Just kind of hoped that this team wouldn't have to make these excuses against a Highland League cannon fodder reserve side.  

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s almost like Ayr fans keep dropping lines in the water and dumbfuck Falkirk fans keep biting. 

Ah yes, the old bite patter once someone's made an arse of it, enjoy ur night boss x 

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Ah yes, the old bite patter once someone's made an arse of it, enjoy ur night boss x 

The old, don’t back down, double down.

we can all see you are a fanny. 

have a shite night 

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

This is an open letter to all Falkirk fans. Just f**k off you annoying, irrelevant, boring, attention seeking fucktrumpets.

Kind regards

Ayr united

Hey my Scottish co user unless you Ayrshire folk are different to rest of us is this not a public forum, unless you are wanting to morph it into a Masonic mantra….🤔

6 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Hey my Scottish co user unless you Ayrshire folk are different to rest of us is this not a public forum, unless you are wanting to morph it into a Masonic mantra….🤔

In some attempt at a smug response, you have managed to make a complete c**t of your reply.

it makes you come across as a complete dimwit. 

Try harder or f**k off 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Queen's Park pumped Kelty 6-0 in a similar scenario BTW.   Shameful from us not doing that 

Wasteful more than shameful. 

I don’t know what game people were watching if it is now being described as embarrassing. 

ETA: Having compared the side that played against Dundee Utd, there aren’t many changes. Josh Peters didn’t play against them but he’s one of a few players they have that actually have SPFL experience. I’m not sure why you’d have to pretend that it’s their B team we were playing. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

Hopefully Brown was just using these games as a bit of an experiment and now that the league is starting we'll get a more settled team with players playing in their actual position. If he starts with these wacky ideas of playing players in new positions I can't see it ending well. I've no idea how the rest of the league is shaping up in terms of their squad but with us doing business early I'm expecting us to get off to a good start, although next week does bear all the hallmarks of banana skin territory.