The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don’t see either Dowds or Oakley as sacred cows.  If there’s someone out there in our price range that can come in and score goals then there’s no reason for that player to think they won’t start games.  At the very least, Oakley has an iffy injury record so could well miss a few games.  I’d actually like to see a bit more of McRoberts who has at least shown a bit of potential.  

11 hours ago, stevep56 said:

Noticed Albinson was on the bench for Hamilton today and Sean McGinty got their goal.  O’Connor came on as a sub.  Noticed Baronjas also in their team - was he with us too for a while ?

Yeah Barjonas was with us, played 4 games for us according to wiki. They also have Bradley and Longridge, and Darrian MacKinnon is the assistant manager. 7 links to Ayr in one squad 🤣

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

We've given this guy a two year deal and he's not able to make the squad against Buckie Thistle? Sheesh. 

I'm already getting Pendlebury vibes off him. If he's here by Christmas and played in 10 games I'll be amazed 

1 hour ago, Peil said:

I've doubled my ignore list on the last 24 hours. Remarkable effort from fans of teams who haven't beaten us this season.

I know it has been posted before but how do you do the "ignore".

The season has hardly started and we are being ambushed by inbreds.

Please someone post how to do the ignore. 🏁🏁

5 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

I know it has been posted before but how do you do the "ignore".

The season has hardly started and we are being ambushed by inbreds.

Please someone post how to do the ignore. 🏁🏁

On android, click on the three lines at the top right of the screen, next to the wee moon for dark mode. You'll see your username and Uber that there's the account option. 

Bottom option is ignored users, you need to put their username in, it'll pop up with the matching username, select that and then pick what you want to ignore.

11 minutes ago, Peil said:

On android, click on the three lines at the top right of the screen, next to the wee moon for dark mode. You'll see your username and Uber that there's the account option. 

Bottom option is ignored users, you need to put their username in, it'll pop up with the matching username, select that and then pick what you want to ignore.

Excellent thank you

Another thing I found quite frustrating yesterday was the way we took so long to get the ball in the box once we entered the final third. There were a good few occasions where Dowds or Oakley were ahead of the defence but Murphy and Reading in particular wanted an extra touch or wanted to beat their man a second time before putting the ball in. Must be frustrating as a striker.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even more ridiculous when Hastie goes and thumps one in from distance. 

I don’t have any concerns with Dowds or Oakley but it’s clear that we don’t really have anyone to come on and make a difference when things aren’t going our way. I’m not sure who we’re getting in that’ll understand that he won’t be starting many games and will be used for 20-30 minutes off the bench. It kind of rules out any loans as clubs will want assurances of playing time. 

Yeah, I don’t have any concerns either. 

I still think we can get a striker in to genuinely compete with the front two though. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

On Walker, there’s a few possibilities here. 

A) He’s homesick or there’s a personal issue relating to game time ala Pendlebury. Would expect this to lead to a loan or permanent move back down South. 

B) Despite tracking him at Fleetwood, Brown has concluded he’s useless and has no use for him. I think this is unlikely as he hasn’t actually had much game time and when played he didn’t stand out for being especially poor. Again, might lead to him leaving. 

C) He’s severely lacking in fitness or something else that’s preventing him from playing. This seems the most likely scenario for me. Already been mentioned that a previous manager had doubts about his readiness for first team football. Whilst this would be a surprise given his age it’s maybe another Roy Syla situation that he’s never been given a chance. Syla looked very raw for large parts of last season and even now still shows that he hasn’t played a huge amount of games. If this is the case then I’d guess a loan move to League One at least until January is on the cards. It also explains why we went back and signed Hastie when it seemed like we were stacking up on wingers. 

I’d far rather we tried to solve the problem and get him to develop rather than completely cut our losses this early and write him off as a dud. 

I would add in another too!

He is maybe in a bit of an Amartey situation, with the change of countries and adapting to the style Brown wants. Amartey eventually got there and got some starts and was effective,  so it could be similar. 

Why are people persisting with “surely he’ll play McMann at left back”?

I think it’s fairly clear Brown sees him as a centre half given that he’s not played him once (as far as I’m aware) at left back in pre-season or the cup?

I don’t get it either but looks as though he sees Musonda as back-up left back.

Just now, munro7 said:

Why are people persisting with “surely he’ll play McMann at left back”?

I think it’s fairly clear Brown sees him as a centre half given that he’s not played him once (as far as I’m aware) at left back in pre-season or the cup?

I don’t get it either but looks as though he sees Musonda as back-up left back.

I still feel he will eventually come round to both McMann physically not being strong enough not good at heading the ball to play the position and also being better at left back than Reading.  When that is, no idea.  

50 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Is that one of those Rightmove videos of a high end property for sale in Kilmarnock?

Can't be Kilmarnock, there's no pish stained sofa in the front garden.