The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I seen someone say a while back on p&b (maybe was sortmeout) about Wales being linked with us. Do reckon in that position one has to leave with one the coming in. Reckon we’ll be in for a centre mid regardless of what happens with Murdoch. McKenzie I think will be more utilised in midfield our left rather than 3rd/4th choice centre forward. 

Could McInroy still be a option for center mid, obviously we have history with him and Brown will know him as a youngster at Celtic, yeah he's lacks a bit of pace but he's different to Rus, Dempsey and Syla and would rather he was in midfield that McKenzie.

I don't think McInroy fits the high energy pressing system that Brown wants to play.

He has his qualities, but often I don't think he did the off the ball work well enough to justify the great reputation he had.

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Cameron was useless for us! I would 100% keep bryden over him

Bryden is absolutely abysmal. 

Cameron at least had a goal scoring season at this level. 

Unless Transfermarkt is winding me up, Fraser Bryden has two more goals for Ayr United than Innes Cameron does. 

I don’t want either to be playing, mind you. 

Edited, I’m talking absolute shite 😂 The change of teams from us to Alloa got me - I didn’t think that had happened. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Wales did start following the club earlier in the summer but after looking into him we then signed Henderson a few days later so assumed that was the reason. Think he's played wide for Scotland so if we were interested you could probably justify getting Tomlinson a loan too.

35 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Could McInroy still be a option for center mid, obviously we have history with him and Brown will know him as a youngster at Celtic, yeah he's lacks a bit of pace but he's different to Rus, Dempsey and Syla and would rather he was in midfield that McKenzie.

McInroy wouldn’t move or travel to Ayrshire remember.

26 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So we announce the new SLO and one of the first comments was “wHy ArE wE SHOoTinG ToWArDs tHe sRe iN tHe FiRsT HaLf?” 

FML 

I saw that post some of the questions/gripes are just plain stupid

this-is-why-ac92bff2f4.jpg

Some of this Innes Cameron talk is a bit worrying. He scored one goal for us and Cammy Smith put it on a plate for him (at Inverness).

20 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Some of this Innes Cameron talk is a bit worrying. He scored one goal for us and Cammy Smith put it on a plate for him (at Inverness).

Rumours on signings  are mostly someone just putting names out  then some people start to believe them with no hard evidence 

11 hours ago, Nelson said:

Really don’t get why we never take the challenge cup seriously.  The first final in particular was a cracking game, save the result.  

Speaking of the challenge cup, or whatever the hell it's name is these days! When do we join it? Two rounds before the big guns of the Super Ayr join the ranks? 

Genuinely baffled that anyone thinks Bryden would benefit from a loan spell anywhere. Just don't see a player there at all.

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Genuinely baffled that anyone thinks Bryden would benefit from a loan spell anywhere. Just don't see a player there at all.

I’ve always felt kind of bad, as I’ve never seen anything remotely resembling a footballer and always thought he was destined for the juniors. I still remember my absolute rage at Bullen playing him over Adeloye!

I agree with you, but it is possible that he could develop loads out on loan - he is still a young boy but he doesn’t seem to have developed technically whatsoever since he broke through. 

7 hours ago, Iain said:

Bullen used him sparingly as a forward, but since Brown came in, he’s played all across the pitch doing different roles. I think Brown saw him as a McKenzie/Oakley type that is used more to win the ball back and protect full-backs. He’s struggled with that and he doesn’t look like he knows what he’s doing now once he comes on to replace Oakley or Dowds. 

He has scored a decent amount of goals for the times he’s played as an out and out forward. Playing regularly at a lower level might help his development rather than getting 10 minutes here and there just trying to chase players down.