The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, Iain said:

Genuinely baffled that anyone thinks Bryden would benefit from a loan spell anywhere. Just don't see a player there at all.

He's scored some goals in cup games against lower league sides so there's obviously a level he can play at, not sure how far below the championship it is though.  

He’s also not really bulked up all that much. He still looks like the skinny wee boy that made his debut and you’d have thought that with time he’d have done some work on that to get stronger. Always remember McCall saying that the switch to full time really benefited Forrest as he was able to grow into a man’s body and then he had a fantastic season for us before moving on. 

Even the likes of Watret looks totally different compared to last season so he’s put a bit of work in with that regard. Again, playing regular men’s football for East Stirling probably made him realise that to survive as a defender you can’t be bullied easily. 

I think to be a good striker at this level you need to be strong or quick. Failing that, you need to be a really intelligent player which you only really see with experienced players dropping down a level. Bryden is none of those things. He gets given the ball and either tries to run in a straight line or quick it away from him in the direction of a teammate. It’s maybe that he’s better suited to playing in the box and won’t get involved much in the build up but we haven’t actually seen much of him in that position. 

Bryden was fast tracked far too quickly, to a level he isn't really capable of playing, under Bullen. It was a get the fans onside initiative with a local academy lad.

He's not a championship player, there may be a place in L2 for him just now. He may benefit from a loan to the Loaland League to play regularly and see what happens.

If there's a chance to bring in someone like Bobby Wales, who had a great season at L1 last year and will be looking to take the next step up, then I'd much rather him as a back up striker than Bryden.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

He's scored some goals in cup games against lower league sides so there's obviously a level he can play at, not sure how far below the championship it is though.  

I guess, to be fair, he did score a good goal against Cove Rangers once.

10 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

https://x.com/finnharpsfc/status/1818008819835752747?s=46&t=v8vyBVl4sZjsjd2pFp-J7w

bruce Strachan signs for Finn Harps he was one of the key under 18 players who scored 19 goals for them,

Where are all the juniors clubs going to get players from now that our youngsters are moving to actual league clubs and abroad. 

Not sure it’s an ACL with Adeloye, though he did need surgery.  He posted on Twitter at the end of June that he was “almost healed” whatever you take that to mean.  Would be delighted to see him sign - I’d back him to score more goals than Dowds over a full season with the kind of service he’d likely get.  More pacey and direct than any of the options we have at the moment, which is already showing itself as a concern.  Just don’t see it happening right enough - apart from the finances, there may still be some grudges being held over the way he sort of faffed about deciding whether to re-sign last time out.   

We definitely need another striker, I don't think Brown has played McKenzie up front once and being honest of the about 10 positions he had played being a out and out goal scores is not his best, someone a bit different to Dowds and Oakley maybe with a bit of pace to get after tired defenders and to create that competition so that the front two don't think they are guaranteed a starting slot each week, send Brydon to Uncle Ian at Clyde and keep McRoberts in and around the first team to learn.

12 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

We definitely need another striker, I don't think Brown has played McKenzie up front once and being honest of the about 10 positions he had played being a out and out goal scores is not his best, someone a bit different to Dowds and Oakley maybe with a bit of pace to get after tired defenders and to create that competition so that the front two don't think they are guaranteed a starting slot each week, send Brydon to Uncle Ian at Clyde and keep McRoberts in and around the first team to learn.

Having watched Clyde vs Partick last week, I’m not actually sure Bryden would be a regular starter for them. They are running with what is essentially a League 1 squad though and will walk that league. 

The main issue is that this is a move that should’ve been done years ago. The ideal time to do it was the summer where we signed Akinyemi. He was behind Dipo, Young, McKenzie and Ashford that season and it was a missed opportunity not getting him out on loan. I fear that if we don’t get McRoberts out and playing then the same will happen to him. A year of just playing games at any level will be massive for him and hopefully he can make an impact for us next season. McRoberts that is, not Bryden.

11 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Get Bryden out on loan to Annan or Stranraer, said that for ages.

Big assumption that they would want him tbh.

I'm sure last season Rose was offered around a few clubs before Hamilton took him in.

20 minutes ago, Peil said:

Big assumption that they would want him tbh.

I'm sure last season Rose was offered around a few clubs before Hamilton took him in.

Paul Hartley took Bangala, after seeing him play in the flesh