The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

If folk are that arsed about seeing the action then the logical thing to do is stand on the halfway line and you’ll see both goals equally for 90 minutes.

Problem solved.

But then you don't experience the world class atmosphere of the SRE. Spare a thought would ye

The shitshow going on up at ICT is a real eye opener to how things could have gone for us if Lachlan hadn’t batted away the no gooders. He had his fans and his critics but he was certainly no Scott Gardiner. If you haven’t already had a look and you’re bored, the ICT thread will fill an hour for you. There’s something for everyone. Evil current owners, rightfully petrified fans, a wee dose of racism, crypto kings, and an introduction to the new word entering the Cambridge Dictionary 2025. Oh aye, and big Dunc ‘allegedly’ half cut during after match interviews. It’s a good read (start at page 761) but some of you might want to wait until the Netflix 3 parter. 

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What happened to the McGill who used to play for us? I think he came through the academy and played a few games when Roberts was manager.

We had two both played LM. Darren was Roberts first season and Peter played in his last. Neither were very bright.

27 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

If folk are that arsed about seeing the action then the logical thing to do is stand on the halfway line and you’ll see both goals equally for 90 minutes.

Problem solved.

Exactly having to stand in the SRE last year wasted my viewing experience (might be due to being a short arse and not seeing over folks heads) more than happy to be back home on the NT.

This game on Saturday is going to be very tough. Brown will run with Stanger and McMann CBs and given that the big Buckie forward caused them problems with his physicality last week, got to imagine that Oli Shaw is a tough match up. Suspect he'll cause us plenty of problems. Not particularly confident of a clean sheet. The flipside of that is from experience, George Oakley is more than capable of ragdolling Big Sean to get us up the pitch. They'll likely go Kilday/Mcginty CBs and not much pace there so got to look for Rus to stretch them by running beyond (ie his goal vs Killie). Got the feeling of a game that we'll need to outscore them so hopefully a better finishing day than last weekend. We'll definitely create chances against their backline 

45 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Problem solved.

Please don’t suggest this keep them in the SRE saves me having to listen to their shite 

42 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Problem solved.

Folk have been told for years that the atmosphere in the Somerset road end was unique and it could suck the ball in to the net. Only for a manager to come in and change it, saying the players never liked it anyway. 

It added to the atmosphere in the second half of games and worked when we were chasing games. I think it should be changed back personally 

Spoiler

Because I have always stood on the north terrace and all the new interlopers can f**k off

35 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What happened to the McGill who used to play for us? I think he came through the academy and played a few games when Roberts was manager.

Depending on which one you mean

darren - mainly stuck around junior level with Glenafton and Cumnock can’t find anything on him post 2022 when he got let go by Cumnock 

Peter - signed for Stranraer but never broke into their team went to Troon, Clydebank and Kilbirnie seemingly hasn’t played since pre-Covid era in 2020

In other news good on Whitletts making it more affordable for fans to come to games if you want to watch the Moff (and also just signed Ryan Nisbet) they’re playing tomorrow against Craigmark 

In fairness if I was sitting in the management offices at Somerset Park and the biggest concern this week coming through the mailbox is "shooting the wrong way" I'd chalk that up as a decent week. 

1 hour ago, dam00114 said:

This game on Saturday is going to be very tough. Brown will run with Stanger and McMann CBs and given that the big Buckie forward caused them problems with his physicality last week, got to imagine that Oli Shaw is a tough match up. Suspect he'll cause us plenty of problems. Not particularly confident of a clean sheet. The flipside of that is from experience, George Oakley is more than capable of ragdolling Big Sean to get us up the pitch. They'll likely go Kilday/Mcginty CBs and not much pace there so got to look for Rus to stretch them by running beyond (ie his goal vs Killie). Got the feeling of a game that we'll need to outscore them so hopefully a better finishing day than last weekend. We'll definitely create chances against their backline 

McGinty has his faults, but I’ll be amazed if Oakley ragdolls him. Fully expect McGinty to win just about every aerial challenge. 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McGinty has his faults, but I’ll be amazed if Oakley ragdolls him. Fully expect McGinty to win just about every aerial challenge. 

At every Hamilton corner I’ll be expecting a McGinty goal. Then again, I’m shite at predicting. I’ve been playing the lottery since day one and the most I’ve won is £10. 

I'm sure we will be trying to get McGinty running backwards at every opportunity, a lot of teams will be expecting shock and awe with the two big lads up front but pre season and the LC shows we can adapt a play football as well.

15 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Wonder about Rus playing a Moffat style role alongside Oakley or Dowds? 

Just a thought but probably won't happen

I don’t think it’s the worst idea in the world depending on what other midfielder we bring in. 

Playing Rus as a 10 and then Dempsey alongside someone else behind him.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it’s the worst idea in the world depending on what other midfielder we bring in. 

Playing Rus as a 10 and then Dempsey alongside someone else behind him.

We'd have to go 3 at the back to make that work with both Oakley and Dowds on the pitch. Alternative is drop 1 and go 4231 with Rus in the 10

4 minutes ago, dam00114 said:

We'd have to go 3 at the back to make that work with both Oakley and Dowds on the pitch. Alternative is drop 1 and go 4231 with Rus in the 10

Aye I wouldn’t play both. I think if you’re only playing one of them you’d play Oakley. 

It all depends what kind of midfielder we sign though.