The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In the case of those two players I don’t think it is. I think both McKenzie and Bryden have been massively let down by the club when it comes to their development. Both of them should’ve had a year or two out at lower levels to develop but both of them were poorly handled by morons at the beginning of their careers and they’ve effectively stagnated. McKenzie has developed more than Bryden but both could’ve been handled better

Bryden ain't going out on loan now. He's the poster boy for the club and it's hard to see how he'll develop any great length when he's reduced to bit parts here and there. If he has another season like last then for his own sake he has to be seriously looking at moving. McKenzie too to some extent, unless he's content with his role in the squad. 

Bryden was brought into the team when there was a severe lack of attacking options up front. Credit where it's due, he was thrown in at the deep end and swam. Though often at times, looks like he's there having a kick about with his Pals as opposed to taking games seriously. He's not going to score 10-20 goals a season and a loan at a league 2 club could work that boy wonders.

McKenzie is a different type of player. Again, you won't get lots of goals out of him but he certainly puts in effort, runs around endlessly and above anything, plays for the badge. I personally don't see anything wrong with bringing him on.

I can see pros and cons , Pros his experience would be great for a young squad and Dempsey and Syla could learn a lot from him, he would probably be pennies on wages. Major cons though he's not played in about 18 months and is in all likelihood done, it's an interesting one my Celtic supporting pal has said there has been a lot of tslkmabout it in Celtic forums 

The worry is he might end up being a McGeady 2.0 where it’s obvious he’s done however providing we also bring in a young CM on loan as well I wouldn’t be as against it

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Bosun Lawal name keeps getting mentioned but surely not...

Being mentioned on pie and bovril doesn't mean Mathie and Smith are chasing him. However, if celtic wanted to loan him out and keep a close eye on him, who would they trust most in the lower division to take the best care of him? There is only one man that fits the bill. Stranger things have happened...

Just now, Only me... said:

Being mentioned on pie and bovril doesn't mean Mathie and Smith are chasing him. However, if celtic wanted to loan him out and keep a close eye on him, who would they trust most in the lower division to take the best care of him? There is only one man that fits the bill. Stranger things have happened...

I'm not talking about just on here...

Would love Lawal thou I feel it would be a step back in his development for Celtic he dominated in The English third tier so going to us does feel like going backwards for him but as said stranger things have happened 

If we genuinely signed a midfielder of the standard of Lawal then how do we accommodate him, Rus and Dempsey? 

I will reiterate - there is no chance we actually sign Lawal. However if we did then I fail to see how we don’t win this league. 

5 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Exactly if and it's a big if Lawal joined Celtic would expect him to start every week he can play at center half as well though and we all know Brown likes a ball playing center half.

Him CB and McMann LB?

Lawal seems to be destined for great things but looking at Rodger’s comments about him, he needs something else to play for Celtic. Maybe 6 months at Ayr, working with Brown will give him that rather than 9 months at Crew or Stockport. 

McCarthy would have been an interesting signing last summer but that is two years that he has sat on his hoop for so Im not sure there is a benefit to signing him over shifting Murdoch out 

ETA - if we sign Lawal, Champions by Halloween 

Edited by diegomarahenry

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Lawal seems to be destined for great things but looking at Rodger’s comments about him, he needs something else to play for Celtic. Maybe 6 months at Ayr, working with Brown will give him that rather than 9 months at Crew or Stockport. 

Birmingham City apparently interested in him. I think Celtic might just keep him and bleed him into 1st team games against  Ross County or St Johnstone, etc. Whatever happened to the days when Ayr had young players move to Celtic and the likes? He would be immense though, as for him fitting in, I would be happy for Mr Brown to worry about that.