The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Superb response. I’m glad you took the time to actually think of an argument to back up your point instead of spouting any old shite that you’ve probably heard from the auld fuds standing next to you at the games. 

Good time to mention that Mark McKenzie scored our most valuable goal of the last 25 years. Some boy ❤️

A broken clock is right twice a day i suppose 

16 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Birmingham City apparently interested in him. I think Celtic might just keep him and bleed him into 1st team games against  Ross County or St Johnstone, etc. Whatever happened to the days when Ayr had young players move to Celtic and the likes? He would be immense though, as for him fitting in, I would be happy for Mr Brown to worry about that. 

Rus and Watret could be there within a year. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s why I’m quite keen to get McRoberts out on loan as he’s basically burst onto the scene in the same way that McKenzie did but he now needs to be playing 90 minutes every week to kick on. 

I'd be happy to see him go to East Stirling. Looks like they treated Watret and Ecrepont well last year and it's maybe something we can develop as a step up from youth football.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we genuinely signed a midfielder of the standard of Lawal then how do we accommodate him, Rus and Dempsey? 

I will reiterate - there is no chance we actually sign Lawal. However if we did then I fail to see how we don’t win this league. 

Rus - Lawal - Dempsey - Henderson

Unfortunately, it’s not happening

But if it did ….

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Can we please ensure that no Airdrie fan is permitted entry on Friday night with their stinking Stop the Boats flags that were on show today. 

Just don’t let any of them in. 

Maybe once we start treating them all the same, they’ll eventually weed out the scum in their support. Should’ve been done years ago. 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just don’t let any of them in. 

Maybe once we start treating them all the same, they’ll eventually weed out the scum in their support. Should’ve been done years ago. 

If recent events have shown anything it’s that we need to stop placating these morons - don’t give them an inch. 

There might be more, but I believe we also have three players in the UK as a result of family immigration too. They shouldn’t have to put up with that shite at their workplace either. 

Unsurprisingly, an Airdrie mutant has red dotted the thought of one of their flags not being allowed in. 

If Lawal was coming to us, he'd be here by now and settled in. If we get any loans from them, it'll be alang the Clarke mould. 

Good, solid win yesterday. We're still missing something but I more inclined to say that it's the same thing since Broon came in... a settled, gelled, starting 11. But maybe that's the point, they pick the team game by game depending on the opponents, our available players and who they feel/what formation they believe will work best?

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we genuinely signed a midfielder of the standard of Lawal then how do we accommodate him, Rus and Dempsey? 

I will reiterate - there is no chance we actually sign Lawal. However if we did then I fail to see how we don’t win this league. 

It's fantasy stuff, really.

By most accounts he'll either spend this season at Celtic (been given pre-season/early fixtures to make a mark), or he'll be off to the English Championship where multiple clubs have loan offers, and permanent offers, for him.

Really nice to be back to the real stuff yesterday.  Pretty ideal away performance, although Hamilton did hit the post and bar so it's maybe not as comfortable as the scoreline suggests.  

Dempsey pretty much played the midfield himself yesterday - we needed to strengthen even before Murdoch left.  Hastie and Henderson were very poor - Hastie is a yard too slow for the championship and Henderson just isn’t  the player I thought we were getting based on comments on here when he signed.  Great opening day win, but I suspect Accies would have got something out the game but for the daft red card.  I don’t think we’ll get away with such a lightweight midfield against tougher opposition.

the one good thing is we have plenty of wingers to come in if the starting Murphy will likely come in for Hastie on Friday and well likely Henderson will keep his place as i don't see Walker or Tomlinson making the jump into the first team yet

I love the fact that every other set of supporters think we are playing hoofball just because we have two physical strikers, I struggle to think of more that two or three times yesterday where we actually went long to either Dowds or Oakley, the winning goal was a prime example of all lovely passage of play, yeah we have that option if we need to change things up but we definitely are not  team of caber tossers.

10 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I love the fact that every other set of supporters think we are playing hoofball just because we have two physical strikers, I struggle to think of more that two or three times yesterday where we actually went long to either Dowds or Oakley, the winning goal was a prime example of all lovely passage of play, yeah we have that option if we need to change things up but we definitely are not  team of caber tossers.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us be more direct on Friday night, especially if McCabe is starting at centre back again.

It is definitely good to have more than one option. 

16 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

the one good thing is we have plenty of wingers to come in if the starting Murphy will likely come in for Hastie on Friday and well likely Henderson will keep his place as i don't see Walker or Tomlinson making the jump into the first team yet

Hastie might be a good impact sub.... I thought he started game OK but as time went on he appeared to run out of steam and failed to chase any balls that were put a bit far in front of him that he could've easily caught and was an obvious choice to be subbed off

Found it interesting that Brown singled out Walker in the post match. Had concerns about his lack of game time but Brown referenced him in terms of how we want to play which might suggest a lack of understanding of tactical instruction was the reason we've not seen much of him so far. Thought he did fine, albeit against 10 men and should of had an assist. Intriguing that against Falkirk and Hamilton he's been brought on as a 10/second striker. 

The dust has settled a little now on yesterday’s game . Are we perfect ? No but who is ? A massive three points taken when most on here would have settled for one point before the game . Dowds goal was a peach including the build up . Rus is a balller . McMann is pure class . The rest all did their bit . Now onto two home games on the trot . Hope fully that huge away support yesterday can get along on Friday for another huge game against one of our mortal enemies.

On the McKenzie nonsense, leave the guy alone , does his job to the letter . Wouldn’t surprise me if our 50 cap and 25 trophy winning manager starts him on Friday just to tighten things up a little. 

anyway can’t wait .

Very much of yesterday wasn't a pretty watch at times but I wouldn't rule us out of anything of course. 

I think once Devlin comes in and we can put McMann at left back. Followed by another CM and striker, we will see a different, more improved Ayr.

I think on a sidenote too, Hamilton have drastically improved from what they were last time in this league too and I think they'll stay up.

Edited by THEHonestman1910