The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Having someone that can take the ball off the feet of the defence, turn round and run 60 yards and slip in your striker for a 1 on 1 is an absolute god send at any level never mind the hell of the 2nd tier.

Our ability to beat the high press of other teams is new as well. I’ve seen us try that loads of times and it either results in a punt up the park or you lose the ball on the edge of your box and concede a goal. 

A big part of it is Rus simply not being fazed who’s around him and taking the ball anywhere but kudos to the coaching staff for drilling this into them. 

1 hour ago, Peil said:

Shit, that's my wife's 40th

Priorities mate, at the end of the day she has a birthday once a year, how often are you going to have an opportunity to see Rus rip Hamilton apart before he moves on to Real Madrid in the winter window 

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A big part of it is Rus simply not being fazed who’s around him and taking the ball anywhere but kudos to the coaching staff for drilling this into them.

A midfielder that runs past players , it’s a throw back to days of old . Priceless stuff . The reminds me of Stevo in his pomp !

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our ability to beat the high press of other teams is new as well. I’ve seen us try that loads of times and it either results in a punt up the park or you lose the ball on the edge of your box and concede a goal. 

Aye this results in not actually needing Rus to be 100% on it to come away with something as was the case with Dipo. Plenty nice moves on Saturday that didn’t involve him.

Also on Dempsey he never ever looked out his depth but he was never in games as much as he has been recently. Whether that’s to do with playing beside Rus or the coaching staff doing great things I don’t know but it looks like it’s just been a confidence boost he needed.

36 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Match day mascot it is then 😉👍🏻 🌑⚪

She's already punching, don't need her kicking as well

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

It's possibly been confirmed and discussed already but nice to see no increase in gate prices 

Stick the away end prices at 25.99 for Accies visit

Hi folks, Montrose fan here. I'm down at Craig Tara for a week. Just noticed your game is on Friday night so thinking I might come through myself to see the game. Never been to Somerset Park before.

What stand do you reckon I should go to? Would probably prefer to get a seat.

9 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Hi folks, Montrose fan here. I'm down at Craig Tara for a week. Just noticed your game is on Friday night so thinking I might come through myself to see the game. Never been to Somerset Park before.

North stand is brand new, your timing is impeccable. 

14 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Doesn’t matter what stand you buy for, you can move about freely. Easier to buy a Somerset Rod End ticket and if you are in the Hub for a pre match drink you just walk straight out to the turnstiles there. Then walk round to the North Stand. Not sure if you like sitting or not, North Stand seating is a bit extra than the terracing. 

Dempsey has been excellent, think this is the last year of his three year deal if he continues in this vain of form we should definitely be looking to extend his contract sooner rather than later because clubs will start looking at him again.

31 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Dempsey has been excellent, think this is the last year of his three year deal if he continues in this vain of form we should definitely be looking to extend his contract sooner rather than later because clubs will start looking at him again.

Is this not just his second year? First season he was a loan and signed permanently after that or am I missing a season? 

just looked it up I am wrong 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Just goes to show what happens when you've got coaches that know what they're doing. I know he was coming back from injury but games just totally passed him by last season and he had very little influence over the games.

Looks a different player now and much more confident. Last season he was undroppable because Bullen was a tube and we had no-one else, this season its because he's been excellent. Very happy to see him doing better.

24 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is this not just his second year? First season he was a loan and signed permanently after that or am I missing a season? 

Fairly sure it’s the last year of his perm 3 year deal. 

5 hours ago, Peil said:

The good news is she'll be 40 all year. Ayr only play Hamilton twice in August. 

5 hours ago, Peil said:

The good news is she'll be 40 all year. Ayr only play Hamilton twice in August. 

Just now, Scott-ish said:

A 'Refugees welcome here' banner would be a nice touch on Friday to annoy the fascists.

No thanks , keep politics out of football