The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Interesting!

So Paddy the Baddy and McAlister are on longer deals than Dempsey 👀

only Paddy is on longer deals he signed a 2 year McAllister only a 1

54 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

No thanks , keep politics out of football 

There’s a huge difference between politics and human decency in support of minority communities - of whom there are several in Ayr. 

Ensuring there are no Airdrie flags allowed entry will be fine though. 

ETA, the club reaching out to some of these families and young people with free tickets etc could be a good initiative - particularly at the moment. 

Edited by No_Problemo

On 04/08/2024 at 13:13, railwayend said:

A massive three points taken when most on here would have settled for one point before the game

Hamilton are an L1 promoted side whose glory days are nearly two decades past at this point. And it wasn't at Somerset. Who would have been happy with a point?

On 04/08/2024 at 00:52, No_Problemo said:

Can we please ensure that no Airdrie fan is permitted entry on Friday night with their stinking Stop the Boats flags that were on show today. 

It's high time Scotland's favourite Mussolini tribute act followed their leader tbh.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

No thanks , keep politics out of football 

Categorically f**k off. Everything's political. Inaction in the face of fascism is collaboration.

On a less controversial note than "standing up to Nazis is distasteful": McKenzie isn't the answer if you need goals every week, but unlike Bryden he is the answer if you need the occasional goal and have no other options. He's still got half a million pounds of credit in the bank on that front. Bryden on the other hand should be out tearing League Two defences in two right now but instead he's the primary marketing resource. Unclear why this is when I severely doubt there are many young boys going to Ayr games and coming away thinking "when I grow up I want to be Fraser Bryden".

I just saw the advertising hoarding chat. To be quite honest so long as it's tepid COS outreach stuff and not Scientology or advertising pregnancy counselling services or anything then who cares. I don't imagine Derek Stillie was especially happy for the club to have big SNP signs at the corner flag, though maybe that's a good thing.

Just thinking back to when we were on our school lunch breaks we always needed to detour down River Street so one of my pals could pick up free condoms from the church along from the Black Bull.

3 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

A 'Refugees welcome here' banner would be a nice touch on Friday to annoy the fascists.

Would be welcomed by the vast majority of the away support. I was basically cavity searched last time I was at Somerset so hopefully your stewards will make sure that flag doesn’t make it in the ground.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Unclear why this is when I severely doubt there are many young boys going to Ayr games and coming away thinking "when I grow up I want to be Fraser Bryden".

I can name one.

PXL_20240705_211854238.jpg

4 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

A 'Refugees welcome here' banner would be a nice touch on Friday to annoy the fascists.

I do have a flag somewhere in the flat. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240806-020335.thumb.png.087e0dd91765540b2edb0493dbe8e70a.png

Edited by itzdrk

7 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Would be welcomed by the vast majority of the away support. I was basically cavity searched last time I was at Somerset so hopefully your stewards will make sure that flag doesn’t make it in the ground.

Airdrie as a club need to do a lot more, as the clubs stock rises, there will be journalists itching to highlight this stuff. 
It’ll affect sponsorship and all sorts. 

I can't stand the virtue signaling and right wing views from both sides of the Old Firm and the baiting that goes on between them both.

This is different though and is directly affecting people in our communities. I'm not directly affected by immigration in any way but work with highly respected and educated people from all over the world who should feel welcomed in this country. 

I don't think for one minute that it's the majority of Airdrie fans that behave like Nazis but I also don't think a few banners showing our support when they've made their views clear and have done little to self police it does any harm.

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I just saw the advertising hoarding chat. To be quite honest so long as it's tepid COS outreach stuff and not Scientology or advertising pregnancy counselling services or anything then who cares. I don't imagine Derek Stillie was especially happy for the club to have big SNP signs at the corner flag, though maybe that's a good thing.

Just thinking back to when we were on our school lunch breaks we always needed to detour down River Street so one of my pals could pick up free condoms from the church along from the Black Bull.

I’m pretty sure there was one for the Conservative MSP as well. 
I’m not arsed about the religious banners at Somerset, but it does leave the potential that the club could be leaving its self open to claims of discrimination if it doesn’t accept advertising from other church groups or religions. I think an approach of not putting them up would be wiser. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Think I'll skip the game then if we're turning it into a political event. 

This.  The football should be an escapism from all the day to day shite of politics/religion/racism we have to put up with in this country.  

Just now, callum-ayr said:

This.  The football should be an escapism from all the day to day shite of politics/religion/racism we have to put up with in this country.  

Aye, it's one of the few things you can get a brief respite from for a couple hours and just switch off. 

If you have between 600k and 700k net migration (legal and illegal) into the country every year then it's a massive problem on public services, housing, education, and the big one in the near future, water. I'm in England every week and it's been the no 1 topic for a while now speaking to locals in the North East. I feel lucky to live in sparsely populated Ayrshire tbh. England has been a tinderbox for years now. 

I do agree though that football is escapism for 90 minutes and we really should be focusing here on the promising start we've made.