The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Bit late to the party on the Friday game, don't think there are any additional superlatives to add to what has already been said. One thing I enjoyed in particular was how streetwise we looked at time - doing little things like throwing the ball away to buy us a little bit more time to reorganise at throw ins, Henderson being a gobby wee s**** holding up play and causing Airdrie players to start boiling over etc. All things that have really been missing the last few years. 

I've also noticed and this might just be coincidence but both the Killie game and Airdrie game we made them both wait after half time for us to come out, wonder if this is some kind of mind games or just Brown taking every second he can to give instructions.

The manner of the win on Friday, a dominant performance with a bit of flair too, seems to have really got the fans excited in a way we haven't seen in years. It will be interesting to see how many punters show up this weekend, if we get over 2,500 again I think it's a sign that locals feel we have turned a corner 

Edited by Young Eddie

12 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

The manner of the win on Friday, a dominant performance with a bit of flair too, seems to have really got the fans excited in a way we haven't seen in years. It will be interesting to see how many punters show up this weekend, if we get over 2,500 again I think it's a sign that locals feel we have turned a corner 

I think there will be around that number of fans, maybe more, all off the back of the Airdrie game. and it is extremely important not just to get a win but play in a similar fashion to Friday. that will really get things cooking around Somerset.

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I saw somewhere that Akinyemi had posted about Friday nights game.

Imagine a front three of Dowds, Akinyemi and Oakley? 

Defenders getting their c***s kicked in, left, right and centre. 

Get him back in January. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I saw somewhere that Akinyemi had posted about Friday nights game.

Imagine a front three of Dowds, Akinyemi and Oakley? 

Defenders getting their c***s kicked in, left, right and centre. 

Maybe come back next year when we're in the Premier 👍

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Beginning to think this Scott Brown character knows a bit about leadership.

Can they no just go out and run harder?

We have had times before where you would expect our crowds to take a wee surge and then there is minimal impact, but I do think they'll be up slightly.

If we beat Hamilton it will be interesting to see what kind of numbers turn up for the Raith game.