The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

59 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

He looks the real deal. He'll just keep getting better too as he gets more confident and keeps learning. There's a bit of the Andy Robertson's about him I think.

The pace he showed at times was unreal. Yep massive prospect.

Agreed, when non-Ayr fans ask me for the one to watch it’s him and Rus. Hope we sell him down south for a good fee and sell-on.

4 hours ago, Iain said:

Been warming up for coming on a month now.

The quote I responded to was saying no sign of Devlin, when he was warming up right in front of me.
I have no idea what the issue is with him and he is not needed at the moment so I’m glad he is been given the time to get up to the fitness level of the rest of the squad, if he is needed to come on. 🤷🏻

i see the Devlin situation as a he needs to prove himself to get into the team, if Musonda out and eventually probably will be i imagine he gets in now into the squad, i think it shows Brown sticks to his guys and doesn't throw anyone into the team without earning it/having to due to injuries/suspensions

28 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

My heart is telling me we can win this, my head is saying 9 points down 31 more to get to 40 and safety, but........ I just think think there is some magic in the AYR this season and something really special is about to happen.

Something historic(™) about to happen this season.

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Massive result today. Was pretty deflated at HT however we dug in and got the win. A sign of a right good team. 

Maybe it was just me, and I’ve developed an incredibly quick trust in this team but I wasn’t even worried at half time tbh. 

f**k knows the last time we had a team that made me feel like that after going in at half time 2-1 down. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Maybe it was just me, and I’ve developed an incredibly quick trust in this team but I wasn’t even worried at half time tbh. 

f**k knows the last time we had a team that made me feel like that after going in at half time 2-1 down. 

I think it’s the knowledge that there is definite talent in the team , rather than living in hope that Mitchell-Lawson or Zanatta etc. will pull something out their arse. Rus is worth a goal involvement every game guaranteed and Watret, Murphy and Henderson will always put something on a plate for Dowds and Oakley if you give them 90 minutes.

I think today was the first example of how most folk predicted this season to go. We just have to score more than the opposition when we concede 1 or 2.

i'm really happy with this strikeforce cause yeah Dowds had a more quiet game today but still did his linkup play very well but while he was Quiet Oakley was very good and similar vice-versa can happen obviously the worry goal scoring wise your options after them are lesser quality but those two if they can stay fit are just going to be a menace all season to any defence in this league or even above in the Cup in the future

We have two very good players up top and I fully expect them both to be close to fifteen goals each this season, but we are not just relying on them, that's Murphy off the mark, Henderson has four already, Hastie has one, Rus has two and we have a couple from the center halfs there's goals all over the team.

Thing that’s niggling  me is number of chances Dowds and Oakley had but struggled to get clear shots off, obviously it would be worse if the weren’t getting chances, not sure if it’s because they are to close to each other or just Hamilton defenders closed them down. 
The changes certainly won the game for us. 

1 hour ago, Aufc_ said:

Agreed, when non-Ayr fans ask me for the one to watch it’s him and Rus. Hope we sell him down south for a good fee and sell-on.

You know it’s a good team when there’s three or four players you can be telling your pals to “watch out for”. 

Highlight for me today was Rus skinning the entire Hamilton team in the first half and some auld boy look like he was about to burst into tears and shouting “he’s absolutely f**king magnificent isn’t he”. 

If Frankie Musonda is the weak link in that team, that shows how much better the team is than in previous years. I actually thought he was ok today, though I would prefer him to drift into the centre of midfield more, rather than Henderson. Too often, Henderson was trying to thread through balls to Musonda when it might have worked better the other way around.

Still a very entertaining day out at the football. Absolutely miles ahead of the defensive-first approach we've seen in previous years. Love the wee moments of magic we seem to get every game now (mainly from Rus).