The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Don’t know anything about him. Don’t remember his name when he played at Morton 

IMG_4122.png

This is a rollercoaster of a CV.

Wee Fred (Bachirou) was absolutely class for most of the time he played for Morton. He and Tidser formed an excellent partnership in midfield. Left on bad terms for some, but he’s had a decent career since leaving us. 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Am I the only one with the fear that this could potentially be another Bangala?

Be very specific as to what the comparison is here. Very specific.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

A lot of stuff is ignored when results are good, three wins out of three, playing Raith then Dunfermline who are both going threw off-field issues, the latter is also struggling with results, there is an air of confidence that I haven’t felt since the McCall/Shankland era. 

The comedown could be huge if we lose easily in the coming weeks, the realisation that we weren’t actually that good and the season could be harder, players who were getting away with it then become scapegoats/spacegoats etc.

to get in front of it, where do people think we should improve? 

For me, right back is an issue, Musonda has been ok/getting away with it for a few weeks, McCallister isn’t great so a lot of the burden is on Watret to continue to impress.

Stone hasn’t conceded much, made too many mistakes but still doesn’t look like a confident goalkeeper. He’s had very few saves to make but I’d like to see the ratio of shots on target and goals scored. 

The midfield is too light, an injury and a sending off could mean McCallister or McKenzie having to play there. 

Up front, again, there are not a lot of goals behind Oakley and Dowds if those two aren’t firing. But where do you get a 10-15 goal championship forward to sit on our bench? 

It’s a long way from just hoping Dipo doesn’t get injured and he out-scores the opposition. 

This is an excellent parody of the inevitable meltdown that will happen if Ayr ever stop winning every football match they play.

His CV isn’t really comparable with the ghosts. He must be a good player. My only reservation would be his age but he played plenty of games last season which helps abate that.

8 minutes ago, kaisayr said:

His CV isn’t really comparable with the ghosts. He must be a good player. My only reservation would be his age but he played plenty of games last season which helps abate that.

If you're good enough, you're young enough. Murphy would get a game for any team in this league.

14 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Hope so. Wee Bangala gave me some of my happiest ever moments as an Ayr fan during his time here.

30 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

You are really going to have to show your working on that one.

6 minutes ago, Only me... said:

I can remember him at Morton. That was a long long time ago. He was decent then, but who knows now. 

This.

There's been a few names put on here as potential signings, players we've heard of or have seen before (Or have been scoured from the depths of the lower English leagues)

I've never heard of this fella 🫤 Last time someone I hadn't a scooby who it was, was Bangala.

That's not to say he's going to be that bad. Please excuse my skepticism.

50 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Not really comparable. Played here before, known quantity, played for Forest in the Championship, albeit only one actual league game. Only question is does he still have it at 34.

31 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Who the hell is he?

Fact they claim it to be "ambitious" I presume he's well known

You're young I presume? He was a very good Scottish Championship level midfielder 10 years ago.

15 minutes ago, Only me... said:

I can remember him at Morton. That was a long long time ago. He was decent then, but who knows now. 

Yeah, I remember Bachirou at Morton. Decent enough midfielder. More of the holding defensive style than an attacking one. He was there three or four years too and was a mainstay, it's not like he was a brief hit and moved on.

I also saw him play for Forest a couple of times, albeit he didn't end up playing all that often for them. Still, he was playing English Championship 4 years ago and appears to have played regularly at a decent level in Cyprus just last season. Would probably be a good signing.

Not sure what the work permit issues are in such situations though. I presume he's not taken out British nationality at any point. Wiki says he married his Scottish partner so he may get in on a marriage visa I guess but there might be a delay.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

This.

There's been a few names put on here as potential signings, players we've heard of or have seen before (Or have been scoured from the depths of the lower English leagues)

I've never heard of this fella 🫤 Last time someone I hadn't a scooby who it was, was Bangala.

That's not to say he's going to be that bad. Please excuse my skepticism.

Over 120 games for Morton across four years and you've not heard of him? That says more about you than him to be honest. It's not remotely comparable to Bangala who had never been Western Europe!

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Would a better comparison be Steve Bowey?

Meh maybe. From my memory more defensive than the Bowey we had, don't know if he'd dropped deeper by the time he turned out for you when he was a good bit older. Bachirou's played a better level than Bowey ever did.

49 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Not even remotely comparable.  Bangala was jobbing about in the Slovakian lower league.  Bachirou has played in the Champions League 5 times and 41 times in the Europa League. 

If you were looking at a comparison it would be McGeady but I don't think Bachirou can have had the same injury issues looking at his games played.  At 34 he's never going to be in his prime but players can certainly do a good turn for us at the end of their career.  

Bangala needed Nick McAllister to scream at him all game to know where to position himself

"there David, f**king stay there"

Bachirou was a pretty solid dependable midfielder at this level for a number of years, who then went on to play at higher levels. He may be 34, but if he's being asked to be our man in front of the back four I'd be relatively confident that he'd be a decent option.

Edited by AUcal

Comparing him to Bangala is extremely lazy and actually a bit of an insult to be honest. Bachirou was excellent for Morton and has went on and forged a pretty decent career for himself where as Bangala has shown nothing to suggest he’s in anyway a competent footballer.

I’d be fairly happy with him signing, he’s 34 so his legs may have gone slightly but should still have enough about him to make an impact at this level. 

If he's still fit he'd be an excellent signing.

In the defensive midfield mould similar to N'Golo Kante. Kinda what we need tbh. Along with a right back and third striker. Keep it simple and let Rus and Dempsey do the flashy stuff.

Was really good with Morton. 

3 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Would there be a visa issue though or because of his pedigree and international caps would that no be such an issue.

Wouldn’t imagine so given his wife is Scottish and he’s lived here previously