The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

TBF i'm looking at him as a centre mid then Right Back but helps cover 2 positision but yeah probably wanting to start

also now got that Transfer Scotland twitter page saying we are interested (pinch of salt with that account)

Edited by muZZa__44

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

also now got that Transfer Scotland twitter page saying we are interested (pinch of salt with that account)

They've very likely seen the post in here.  We aren't signing Grimshaw afaik. 

That account is absolutely hilarious and has to be a parody. I could probably say we’re trying to hijack the Jadon Sancho to Chelsea deal and it’d be on that account in 10 minutes.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I know the Ayr fans seem really upset that we got knocked out of Europe. It’s pretty surprising but I suppose being the biggest club in the area is going to lead to support from fans of the smaller clubs.

I'm disappointed in both clubs being knocked out (or down in Hearts's case) last night. Scottish football is falling a long way behind our European counterparts. I listened to the Kilmarnock game driving home and then watched the second half of the Hearts game. From the sounds of it the Kilmarnock game was crying out for fresh legs which seemed to come too late while Hearts struggled to lay a glove on Pilsen without Shankland. I can see Naismith beating David Gray to the sack at this rate. Seems like a pretty poor coach to me 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They are the ones that got a few of our transfers over the last few years I won’t write them off

They just regurgitate what others have already broken. Was a Caley fan that already tweeted about Bavidge rejected Inverness for us then 10 minutes later tweeted he was signing for us. Tweeted about Brown getting 2 signings in today after Voice tweeted it. 

The only time I remember that account getting anything right before it was reported anywhere was when we signed Musonda. Clearly some people will give him rumours that turn out to be true but mostly it’s either regurgitating stuff already reported or stuff like “team X is talking to player Y” so when it doesn’t happen he can say he never said it was actually happening. 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I see mccowan getting linked to Celtic, wish we actually sold him and had a clause instead of letting him leave for f all 

We’re for a 5% development solidarity fee AFAIK. So if it was a million we’d get 50k. 

20 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I'm disappointed in both clubs being knocked out (or down in Hearts's case) last night. Scottish football is falling a long way behind our European counterparts.

Bit off topic but this is my biggest annoyance with fans in this country. Why would an Ayr fan especially, care about our top league’s stature compared to Czechia or Denmark or something? The further the European teams progress, the more money they receive and the bigger the gap in Scottish football between them and the rest. Kilmarnock going through last night nets them at least €4.8 million. We’re lucky to earn that in a decade.

Plus, the shitter the Old Firm and other regular qualifiers get, the more hilarious and embarrassing the results in Europe become.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Bit off topic but this is my biggest annoyance with fans in this country. Why would an Ayr fan especially, care about our top league’s stature compared to Czechia or Denmark or something? The further the European teams progress, the more money they receive and the bigger the gap in Scottish football between them and the rest. Kilmarnock going through last night nets them at least €4.8 million. We’re lucky to earn that in a decade.

Plus, the shitter the Old Firm and other regular qualifiers get, the more hilarious and embarrassing the results in Europe become.

This. f**k the coefficient. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We’re for a 5% development solidarity fee AFAIK. So if it was a million we’d get 50k. 

Do we get all of the 5%?  He must've been somewhere else between when he was 12 and whenever he joined the academy.