The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Good shout from both clubs - credit where credit’s due 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Yeah I hadn't really considered going but on a sunny day at that price then why not.  Wonder if our team selection maybe influenced by Raith having their new manager there - would imagine they'll go stronger and be trying to impress more so than they might have done otherwise.

It's a pretty rubbish draw, I'd love to see us actually go far in it this season - we seem to play a reserve side and go out in the first round just about every year!

Edited by Hursty

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yeah I hadn't really considered going but on a sunny day at that price then why not.  Wonder if our team selection maybe influenced by Raith having their new manager there - would imagine they'll go stronger and be trying to impress more so than they might have done otherwise.

It's a pretty rubbish draw, I'd love to see us actually go far in it this season - we seem to play a reserve side and go out in the first round just about every year!

With the injuries we may have little choice but to field a similar side to the one that played Livingston last weekend. Euan Murray picked up an injury there too so not ideal. 

Football gets it easy inflation-wise compared to a lot of other things. The price of an Ayr ticket has gone up 30-40% in twenty years. The price of a pint* has gone up by 400% in the same period.

Though I see Aston Villa are charging £97 for a home seat in their Champions League games this year. Appalling.

* (outside of places employing dodgy contracts and financial practices, such as Wetherspoon, and places not subject to the passing of time, such as Newcastle or the Toll)

Edited by Thumper

Who’s confirmed as our for Sunday? Presuming McMann, Musonda and Devlin (all injuries), Syla (Suspended) and Bavidge (international duty). Anyone else

I’d defo be starting McAvoy, Howley, Walker and Hastie for this. Would be going as strong as possible for the rest. 

give some players some rest but feel with injuries can't go too crazy with some switches

image.png.c47b84355c0c3be4f5100384964ef4b2.png

Bench: Russell, McAllister, Tomlinson, Rus, Henderson, Murphy, Hislop, Dowds, McRoberts

think for this game we are down to either having Hislop or McGeady on the bench so likely give it to Hislop

Stone

Watret  Stanger  McAvoy  Reading

Walker  Howley  Dempsey  Hastie

McKenzie  Dowds

Subs: Russell, McAllister,  Tomlinson, Rus, Henderson, Murphy, Oakley, McRoberts

Give Oakley and Dowds 45 each.  Really struggling with the defence, just hope no more injuries.  Also give Dempsey and Rus 45 each.

Queens Park confirmed they're back at Hampden for the game against us, fantastic news.  Means everyone that wants to can go and we don't need 15 pages of folk raging at whatever allocation method the club decided upon if the game had stayed at Lesser 🤣

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Football gets it easy inflation-wise compared to a lot of other things. The price of an Ayr ticket has gone up 30-40% in twenty years. The price of a pint* has gone up by 400% in the same period.

Though I see Aston Villa are charging £97 for a home seat in their Champions League games this year. Appalling.

* (outside of places employing dodgy contracts and financial practices, such as Wetherspoon, and places not subject to the passing of time, such as Newcastle or the Toll)

Dynamic pricing will be the end of English football when they introduce it. Which they 100% will.

I personally wouldn't open my curtains if there was an EPL game being played in my garden as it is.