The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Liam Russell played for Kelty Hearts today so assume he’s signed there on loan haha neither them nor us have made an announcement. 

Looks like Kelty's first choice played for Dundee United B in the cup so Russell has possibly joined on a 7 day loan.

21 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They'll continue to be shite whilst it's Brownings providing them. Someone's gran needs to get on the kitchen and get some with the perfect jam ratio rather than giving money to Gall for substandard Killie crap

Meanwhile, just round the corner from Somerset https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8fPysItVFC/?igsh=MXM2MXdrZGZsb3F0bg==

Edited by edinburghhonestman

16 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Looks amazing. Running a small business myself (not food) I know a little bit of the logistical problems that come with weekly/bi-weekly and sometimes longer production timescales of perishable goods. Would still love for the club to further Imbed themselves in the local community by supporting local businesses. Pop-up food stalls might even be an entry to this.

29 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Would still love for the club to further Imbed themselves in the local community by supporting local businesses. 

I'm the same. I'd be looking to source everything from Ayr or South Ayrshire. There's a few decent bakers and pie makers around. Maybe Ayr Brewery beer in the Hub when they're back in business. I'd maybe run a competition in the new hospitality suite for local businesses to pitch their products. Have a panel from the club plus fans to taste and rate them.

4 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I'm the same. I'd be looking to source everything from Ayr or South Ayrshire. There's a few decent bakers and pie makers around. Maybe Ayr Brewery beer in the Hub when they're back in business. I'd maybe run a competition in the new hospitality suite for local businesses to pitch their products. Have a panel from the club plus fans to taste and rate them.

Would love for the club to run some kind of street food day in part of the car park to showcase local businesses. Free exposure for the club to be promoted by businesses that would tell clientele not usually inclined to go to a game and a brilliant way to expose small businesses to a wider market. 

1 hour ago, Aliayr76 said:

Thought the land behind away end was something to do with some German company + it would take millions of pounds to decontaminate the area from all the oil ect that must have seeped through from the years of the trains.

That was the last they said about it, Smith had enquired but they had overinflated the value of it.

That may have changed.

for contamination. The land has to sit idle for years before it can be built on, I think the railway yard has been gone for about 10 years now

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

That was the last they said about it, Smith had enquired but they had overinflated the value of it.

That may have changed.

for contamination. The land has to sit idle for years before it can be built on, I think the railway yard has been gone for about 10 years now

I don't believe there is a rule on the land having to sit idle for any amount of time? The land will certainly be heavily contaminated and will require a lengthy/thorough site investigation, but because of the proposed use of the site I imagine that remediation would only involve a capping layer to prevent exposure to subsoil contaminants

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Two sides to everything 😊

Good times: It's brilliant that they have lowered the price for today, something to do on a Sunday, the wee man loves it 👍

Bad times: My mum is coming too 😟

Roxanne’s mother-in-law

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Two sides to everything 😊

Good times: It's brilliant that they have lowered the price for today, something to do on a Sunday, the wee man loves it 👍

Bad times: My mum is coming too 😟

The capo! 📣

Just now, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Yeah mcallister give me the fear..... Has the amazing ability to single handidly lose you a game on his own.... 

Amazed wenare so strapped at CB... where hell is new lad mcavoy? 

Aye  - surely we've not signed yet another crock?