The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve gone to hoping we can get a good deal for him at some point to actually praying he can stay with us until the summer. He’s become such an important player for us and I don’t think we’d be able to replace him in January without spending a huge chunk of the fee we’d receive. 

We’ll be extremely lucky if Dylan makes it to the summer as an Ayr player . However the bidding has to start at £500k , which is nothing to tier one teams down south . I have no doubt Mathie is clever enough to insist that there is a decent add on package .

i see Grimshaw is still without a club . He might be the type to get in as midfield cover (Syla nowhere to be seen on Sunday) and could mitigate the loss of a right back should Dylan not even get past the January window . 

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

i see Grimshaw is still without a club . He might be the type to get in as midfield cover (Syla nowhere to be seen on Sunday) and could mitigate the loss of a right back should Dylan not even get past the January window . 

That's because Syla was suspended. He was sent off against Falkirk last season.

6 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Was bored this morning and stumbled upon a 4 minute 12 second long YouTube video of David Bangala 22/23 championship highlights. Fair play to whoever managed to gather enough clips together. 

Sake @Richey Edwards. You’ll need to let it go. He’s gone and he’s not coming back.

St Mirren got £300k the other week from Wolves for Ethan Sutherland who made one first team appearance and was on loan at Alloa last season. 

Put that into comparison with Watret who's potentially going to have half a season at least of league games under his belt makes you think we'd be pushing for around the £500k mark...

Watret is far far better staying with us, than going and playing academy football for the next three/four/five years. 

Hopefully he is looking at the Aaron Hickey path of moving up levels for first team football, though I appreciate Hearts would pay far greater in that circumstance than we could. 

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

St Mirren got £300k the other week from Wolves for Ethan Sutherland who made one first team appearance and was on loan at Alloa last season.

He was also out of contract at the end of this season and had made clear his decision to move on.

I still think it's premature to be counting any chickens re: Watret. Might as well just enjoy having him. The Academy is there to help young players reach their potential, not deliver giant sacks of cash to teams in the second tier.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cgl2r4k8zewo

Former Ayr United player/manager George Burley is undergoing treatment for cancer.

I wish him all the best. Cancer is a terrible disease.

He got a bit of a raw deal at Ayr, following McLeod was always going to be though, there was very little cash and he still brought through guys like Greg Hood and Derrick Allan who played for the under 21s.

He was also followed by that clown Stainrod, who badmouthed Burley the second he was in the door, then took us closer to the bottom tier that Roberts did. 

Hope me makes a full recovery