The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Falkirk have been excellent so far.

Their league to lose this season I think, these injuries will f**k us.

Even if we had a full strength team I still think Falkirk will win this league. They look a class above anyone at the minute.

Still very early days and they will pick up injuries and hit a bad run of form at some point, nobody is immune in this league. The Dowds injury significantly weakens our chances but we will be a lot better once McMann and Rus return. 

f**k Falkirk.

We've got the best young RB in the league, McMann is superb, Dempsey and Rus have been different school and Henderson and Oakley are both firing in goals. 

Injuries will clear up and other teams will suffer. We're still unbeaten despite this. Very very early days in this league.

If we can get Rus and McMann back for the Falkirk/Livi double header then I don’t see why we can’t win both games. 

If we manage to bring in another forward to play alongside Oakley then I’d be delighted. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

How many forwards are available atm who could bring in even half the goals that Dowds would. Can't be many about apart from an untested young loanee or paying through the nose for a Maguire type

Remember where and when we got Dowds from? A 4th choice Partick striker. There's gold out there if we get lucky, if not now then in January.

35 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

f**k Falkirk.

We've got the best young RB in the league, McMann is superb, Dempsey and Rus have been different school and Henderson and Oakley are both firing in goals. 

Injuries will clear up and other teams will suffer. We're still unbeaten despite this. Very very early days in this league.

100% This . 

it’s a tough time for us just now but we’re battling through it . Still taking points and still top . 

25 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Remember where and when we got Dowds from? A 4th choice Partick striker. There's gold out there if we get lucky, if not now then in January.

The question is do we need to patch it up now with a loan or can we wait until January and go large with a permit signing of quality ? 

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

The question is do we need to patch it up now with a loan or can we wait until January and go large with a permit signing of quality ? 

I think we've a better chance of getting quality in the January window, especially if we're up there in the league. 

Losing Big Anton is tragic but not the end of the world. I think we've enough quality in that side to see us through to January but then 100% need to get someone in.

24 minutes ago, railwayend said:

No more loans until transfer window opens. Can only sign free agents, and they need to wait until next registration date before they can play. Window closed end of August in line with England. Can get an emergency goalkeeper for 7 days on loan, but don't tell Broony. 

2 minutes ago, Only me... said:

No more loans until transfer window opens. Can only sign free agents, and they need to wait until next registration date before they can play. Window closed end of August in line with England. Can get an emergency goalkeeper for 7 days on loan, but don't tell Broony. 

I thought the domestic loan window was the end of September ! Ah well it’s either Bavidge up top or a 451 with Rus allowed more freedom to break ! 

5 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Can still get loans from Scotland. Partick Thistle signed Megwa a couple of days ago on loan. 

I think people are getting a bit carried away as to how good Falkirk are, if you look through their side it isn’t exactly anything to be afraid of - they are clearly very well coached and set up and McGlyn must have improved several individually. They obviously have that consistency of player and style, that we don’t have. 

If we have everyone fit we are at least as good as them IMO. 

Edited by No_Problemo

So we have 8 days to do something. We’ll never be able to replace like with like , Anton is a big unit that could also play and was on for 20 plus goals prior to getting injured . So is our priority a big unit that allows us to keep our shape and maybe chip in with 6/7 goals . Or a smaller guy that can play a bit and bang them in . On short are we asking Killie for Cameron or Wales ? Hahaha … 

11 minutes ago, railwayend said:

So we have 8 days to do something. We’ll never be able to replace like with like , Anton is a big unit that could also play and was on for 20 plus goals prior to getting injured . So is our priority a big unit that allows us to keep our shape and maybe chip in with 6/7 goals . Or a smaller guy that can play a bit and bang them in . On short are we asking Killie for Cameron or Wales ? Hahaha … 

Wales yes, Cameron absolutely f**king no! I said last night about Adeloye, if hes anywhere close to fit I’d definitely take a punt. Only other player that’s free id maybe look at is jakubiak not prolific but maybe releases Oakley to play the Dowds role?  I don’t think a youth loan would hep at this point other than wales who has proven his ability 

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think people are getting a bit carried away as to how good Falkirk are, if you look through their side it isn’t exactly anything to be afraid of - they are clearly very well coached and set up and McGlyn must have improved several individually. They obviously have that consistency of player and style, that we don’t have. 

If we have everyone fit we are at least as good as them IMO. 

At the risk of getting accused of exposing a big team (my son supports Celtic), I was at the Falkirk game today and thought they did their best work out of possession. Celtic were very disjointed in the first half and they did a good job harassing them. They'll be concerned about MacIver going off injured.