The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think you may be exaggerating on that one too. 

I think both opinions on Adeloye can simultaneously be correct. 

He did miss a lot of chances for us. I distinctly remember him hitting the post twice against Accies at home when both chances should’ve been easily buried. His overall hold up play was great though and the positions that he took up meant that he got on the end of balls often enough. 

Given the dearth of quality strikers kicking about this season then he’d almost certainly start for most teams this season. And given that he’d have the likes of Rus, Murphy, Dempsey, Watret and Henderson supplying him rather than James Maxwell, Daire O’Connor or Cameron Salkeld then yes he’d most likely do better this time around. 

It’s all moot though. We’re on record as trying to sign him so Brown was keen but the timing didn’t work out and we’ve went with McLennan who at least has the advantage of looking fit and sharp. 

46 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

We did play some great stuff, the first few games. Not as if I'm the only one on here mentioning the weird selections, the redineness at which Broon drops people, in the hope they bounce back twice as good (not worked once since he came in btw) The apparently mental stance he has on keepers, the reasons why we have so many injuries etc etc. If my work had that many injuries, in such a short space of time, there would be an inquiry as to the reasons why. Yet we've just to blindly accept everything is great, until it's not. It's my outlook on where we're heading, not where we are right now. As I've always said, when I share an unpopular opinion... I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, infact I'd be over f**kin joyed my head was gone. Until then, this is how I forsee the next 10wks unfolding. 

Some of your points are valid , errors have been made , the Falkirk fiasco obviously and then the Stenhousemuir game where we took our two strikers off and went out the cup on goal difference. 

However the Falkirk success was five years in the making , McGlynn picked up a whole range of waifs and strays and blended them into a team , but it took years . It might also take us time to get completely sorted out . 
What you are breezing over is 8 home wind and a draw in all competitions. Very decent home form . Let’s see what happens today ! Exciting game to be going to ! 

4 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Some of your points are valid , errors have been made , the Falkirk fiasco obviously and then the Stenhousemuir game where we took our two strikers off and went out the cup on goal difference. 

However the Falkirk success was five years in the making , McGlynn picked up a whole range of waifs and strays and blended them into a team , but it took years . It might also take us time to get completely sorted out . 
What you are breezing over is 8 home wind and a draw in all competitions. Very decent home form . Let’s see what happens today ! Exciting game to be going to ! 

I am excited for today. And I really do hope I'm being 'we're all doooomed' but I just can't see us getting out this muddle unless something changes. I'm sure we've all heard the "you're only as good as your last result" saying, well I'm in that camp, because we're in a totally different situ from the start of the season and having a full team. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

If Brown gets to where he wants to get in football managment, then he’ll have to manage far bigger egos than Tomi Adeloye.  And that’s assuming Adeloye even has that big an ego in the first place - I’m amazed at the number of people on here who know him so well thatthey can opine on the type of person he is and/or take at face value every daft utterance that came out of Lee Bullen’s mouth.  

Personally, I couldn’t care less if he has a big ego so long as he scores goals, which history suggests he absolutely would.  

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

If Brown gets to where he wants to get in football managment, then he’ll have to manage far bigger egos than Tomi Adeloye.  And that’s assuming Adeloye even has that big an ego in the first place - I’m amazed at the number of people on here who know him so well thatthey can opine on the type of person he is and/or take at face value every daft utterance that came out of Lee Bullen’s mouth.  

Personally, I couldn’t care less if he has a big ego so long as he scores goals, which history suggests he absolutely would.  

So Bullen was just flat out lying then. Or what about the fact he's had more clubs than birthdays.