The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

McCall mentioned the other week on sportsound that we were in the relegation battle with Partick. It’s pretty obvious what he has done here to try and unsettle us...

He’s obviously always been a bit of a snake but it is a very underhand thing to do to Mark Kerr who served him very well as a player at several points throughout his career.

Snakes never prosper look at King Snake he left Morton for Falkirk and now hes unemployed. Hopefully the same fate awaits the Snakey Jakey.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

@Robbo63 any idea why Ayr made it public? Unless we’re trying to punt him in January it makes little sense.

I suspect (I dont know) but VoR will have got the story (somehow - ie. McCall) and contacted the club stating he was running the article and do they have any comment to make.

At which point the club had a decision to make - keep schtoom or comment. They obviously opted for the later.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I agree about there being a lot of revisionism here.

Doc has been one of our best players this season, although previous seasons he couldn't be relied upon and we did stand by him.

I also think he'll be much more difficult to replace than done are making out - but I hope I'm wrong.

I have no issues with booing him but folk forget this is these guys livelihoods. They have bills and families to look after and a pay rise (even if it's a relatively small one) for a decent length contract can't really be turned down.

I certainly hope he gave Kerr and the club a chance to match or make a reasonably similar offer. Surely you'd go to the boss and explain the situation. I'm not saying we should've matched the deal or anything like that but I'd be annoyed if he didn't speak to the club about this before agreeing. Especially as captain, which should now change hands.

But he'll absolutely give his all for us and we certainly can't afford to lose him in January. That's just nonsense talk (unless there's a direct replacement and the freeing of Doc's wages would help).

Surely fans aren’t going to boo him while he’s still playing for Ayr? I have absolutely no objections to booing him when he’s lining up for Thistle. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely fans aren’t going to boo him while he’s still playing for Ayr? I have absolutely no objections to booing him when he’s lining up for Thistle. 

Just wait for the first misplaced pass or mistake. The SRE will be frothing at the mouth in anticipation.

I am led to understand his salary increase is not excessive, but as an Ayr fan I don’t think he is worth what Partick  have offered him , and feel if we paid him the same at Ayr he would be overpaid in my eyes , but I am only a fan snd only see what he produces on the park and don’t see what other attributes he brings to the squad , dressing room etc 

Edited by Robbo63

Someone shouted at Moore on Saturday that he could f**k off to Thistle any time he liked when he missed a chance in the second half so you better believe Doc will get boo'd

Good player that disrupts play well, protects the back four but couldn't pass water, Needs a Kelly or Kerr a few feet beside him to take the ball and pass it anywhere. Bell, Adams and Geggan can play there. I'd keep him to the end of the season and play him when required. No point in helping Thistle stay up by punting him for a nominal amount.  

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think so no.

He’s the one talking about us on the radio.

Mentioning his former team on the radio is of little consequence really.

Apparently he's taking the whole Ayr team to Firhill and engineering the local media to destabilise his former club.

Fantastical stuff.

Mentioning his former team on the radio is of little consequence really.
Apparently he's taking the whole Ayr team to Firhill and engineering the local media to destabilise his former club.
Fantastical stuff.

Saying that Ayr are in a relegation battle along with Thistle is desperate stuff and pretty unfair on Mark Kerr.

It’s no secret that he’s leaked stuff to the Ayrshire Post when he was at Ayr. Including the fact that he had a reduced budget from last season and turned a lot of fans on our Chairman. It’s not unlikely he’s done the same with Docherty.

33 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I am led to understand his salary increase is not excessive, but as an Ayr fan I don’t think he is worth what Partick  have offered him , and feel if we paid him the same at Ayr he would be overpaid in my eyes , but I am only a fan snd only see what he produces on the park and don’t see what other attributes he brings to the squad , dressing room etc 

I reckon the 2 year contract probably convinced him more than the increase in pay.

On recent history, we would have offered a 1 year extension. Although, I think Kerr is keen to change that and get players tied down for longer. Which can only be a positive as hopefully we'll get some dough for the better ones.