Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Would be absolutely stunned if Livi won this tie.

Can tell by their prices they are just trying to cash in and aren't treating it as a serious chance of promotion.

The cost of a game matters to a result on the pitch 

34 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Still nothing about this Titanic tussle on the BBC website. Good to know Steven Gerrard's favourite crisps are Monster Munch though.

He also has a daughter called Lourdes, which I imagine will go down well with the Rangers support. 

Need to line up with 2 forwards tomorrow to do everything to make sure we go into the second leg with a lead, sadly I fully expect Laszlo to stick with 4-2-3-1.

Lewis (assuming Deniz is out)

Ralston  Murdoch  Moshni  Robson

King  Flood  Stanton  McMullen

Mikklesen  McDonald 

20 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Need to line up with 2 forwards tomorrow to do everything to make sure we go into the second leg with a lead, sadly I fully expect Laszlo to stick with 4-2-3-1.

Mikklesen  McDonald 

Surely to f**k Laszlo has learned his lesson from the last game, where we were completely outplayed in the 1st half, playing 4-2-3-1 and when we changed to 4-4-2 won comfortably......

Surely???:unsure2:

I'd like to see us unleash the following 1-2-3-3-1 lineup.

Lewis

Mohsni

Flood Stanton

McMullen Fraser Smith

Durnan Edjuengele  Mikkelson

McDonald

Fire long balls to the three big men from Mohsni or the wide men, McDonald to bag a hatful from the knockdowns and flicks.

7-0.

42 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Mikklesen  McDonald 

Fitness permitting the only change I would make is Durnan in for Robson and Murdoch out on the left. 

21 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Surely to f**k Laszlo has learned his lesson from the last game, where we were completely outplayed in the 1st half, playing 4-2-3-1 and when we changed to 4-4-2 won comfortably......

Surely???:unsure2:

I think some people need to get over this preoccupation with 442. We've had plenty of shite performances with 442 and plenty of decent performances with 4231. Indeed every single one of our good performances this season have been 4231 (that two month period between Ray leaving and Fygie getting injured). I wouldn't suggest that those good performances were because of the formation but it's self evidently wrong to suggest that the formation has been the problem. I'd also question whether the turn around on Friday was due to a change of formation rather than simply bringing on a guy who could win some headers up front. McDonald doesn't play right up anyway so you could certainly argue that we continued to play 4231, just with a deep lying striker in the number 10 role rather than an advanced midfielder.

Beyond all that I'd say what actually turned the game was getting a goal, which really had nothing to do with the formation. United took confidence from the goall, Dunfermline got a bit nervy and the momentum changed.

26 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Fitness permitting the only change I would make is Durnan in for Robson and Murdoch out on the left. 

Wouldn't want to gamble with Durnans fitness but the extra height and physicality he brings would be very useful defending Lithgows long throws which caused a lot of problems last game. 

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Still nothing about this Titanic tussle on the BBC website. Good to know Steven Gerrard's favourite crisps are Monster Munch though.

Which flavour?

Archived