Thistle Vs Magnificent Double Cup Finalists Motherwell

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCarthy is probably our most important player right now, as he’s the only one that’s given us any semblance of a midfield presence all season. If he’s out and we start with Osman and Woods in the middle, then you only need to look at our last game in Dingwall to see why there’s no point turning up.

Whether he’s fit or not I’d like to see Penrice start in midfield. Granted now might not be the time to piss about with the starting 11, but we’re crying out for some decent distribution and creativity in midfield. He should also be hungry to prove a point and we need as many players like that in the team as possible.

On 07/05/2018 at 07:30, Casagolda said:

As for Turnbull, as much as I’d also like to see him get the nod I imagine young Maguire’s performance on Saturday put paid to any of the youngsters getting another start this season. 

:lol:

Called that one wrong.

Delighted to see Turnbull get a start, Hendrie less so. I take it Tait is one of those nursing an injury? 

Turnbull starting. 100% didn’t see that one coming.

Motherwell: Carson, Hendrie, Cadden, McHugh, Main, Bowman, Dunne, Aldred, Kipré, Campbell, Turnbull

Motherwell subs: Griffiths, Bigirimana, Frear, Petravicius, Ciftci, MacLean, Maguire

Just now, capt_oats said:

Turnbull starting. 100% didn’t see that on coming.

Motherwell: Carson, Hendrie, Cadden, McHugh, Main, Bowman, Dunne, Aldred, Kipré, Campbell, Turnbull

Motherwell subs: Griffiths, Bigirimana, Frear, Petravicius, Ciftci, MacLean, Maguire

I've never heard of him. Where does he play?

Elliot shunted over to LB when Penrice is on bench.. I need the upside down emjoi face

If you're a Well fan then you don't need to worry about our deadballs, Woods can't beat the 1st man 99/100

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

I've never heard of him. Where does he play?

Centre midfield. He's been our u20s captain this season. Generally tipped to be one of the next to graduate to the first team.

Much like Casagolda I'm delighted to see him get a start. I'm a huge fan of his.

On 06/05/2018 at 16:59, ropy said:

Possibly persevere with Frear and play Tait in place of Cadden, Turnbull in for one of the midfield 3 would be the only rotation I would do, first choice back 3 to provide stability.

Bowman or Nadir, not fussed.

Got bits of that right

Elliot shunted over to LB when Penrice is on bench.. I need the upside down emjoi face
If you're a Well fan then you don't need to worry about our deadballs, Woods can't beat the 1st man 99/100

I don’t mind Elliott at LB but moving him there to accommodate McGinn is something I don’t get.

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Centre midfield. He's been our u20s captain this season. Generally tipped to be one of the next to graduate to the first team.

Much like Casagolda I'm delighted to see him get a start. I'm a huge fan of his.

Cheers. A 3-5-2 for The Well tonight then?

27 minutes ago, Reid said:

I don’t mind Elliott at LB but moving him there to accommodate McGinn is something I don’t get.

It’s also the lack of fluidity this yields. McGinn can’t cross at all and Elliot now has to cut on to his right. Would have preferred Penrice on to give a decent delivery and put him on deadballs. 

Probably immaterial as Well have put out a strong side..

Now then, Well friends, let's say you were to gift us the points, just this once. Next year you'd continue to enjoy easy away days and the joys of Glasgow's West End, meanwhile sparing yourselves those eight-hour round trips , stuck behind Tesco lorries on the A9, to a dismal hamlet full of cretinous, slabber-jawed hillbillies.

Playing well and getting a good bit of joy going forward but not made any really great chances, although I dont know why Edwards tried the cut back instead of just smashing it at goal from close in...

Haven't really been bullied by 'Well either, which is a pleasant surprise.

Archived