The Famous Aberdeen v Rangers - 08/05/18

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Now TV?

ETA - or you could just man up and go to the pub ;)

Sitting  in a *** pub, hungover to f**k the day after my birthday, silently screaming as Future England Captain James Maddison banged in that free kick is one of the greatest memories I've got of watching a game on telly. 

But likewise, I watched the 4-0 loss to Celtic in Derek's second season, when I thought we had a shot of winning the league (ah youth...), in a pub full of Celtic fans in Edinburgh. And I was just about as rattled as I've ever been. 

I'll see how I feel on the day.

Just now, RussellAnderson said:

But likewise, I watched the 4-0 loss to Celtic in Derek's second season, when I thought we had a shot of winning the league (ah youth...), in a pub full of Celtic fans in Edinburgh. And I was just about as rattled as I've ever been. 

I watched that in the Globe bar in Edinburgh.  Took me a good few days to recover.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I watched that in the Globe bar in Edinburgh.  Took me a good few days to recover.

Platform 13 down at Haymarket. One of my pals got engaged in verbals with the Celtic lads and nearly got himself chucked out, while I sat with my head buried in my hands. A valuable lesson learnt. 

Image result for you tried your best and failed miserably

Mackay-Steven out. That's a real blow as he's been our best attacker this year IMO. 

Lewis 

Logan O'Connor McKenna Considine/Reynolds

Shinnie Ball McLean

Christie Cosgrove McGinn (also a doubt)

Is there a space for Stewart/Rooney/May? What does abdy reckon?

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Neutral venue?  Is there nothing the SPFL wont do to favour the horrible arse cheeks.

Portree Municipal Stadium imo.

Mackay-Steven out. That's a real blow as he's been our best attacker this year IMO. 
Lewis 
Shinnie Ball McLean

I reckon we’re fucked.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Lewis 

Shinnie Ball McLean

McLean has been our best attacker by a mile but in terms of wide players maybe MacKay-Steven is the best out of a bad bunch as width has been a major issue for us since Hayes left.  Christie has been the biggest disappointment since he was told he will be going back to Celtic at the start of next season which he has lost form.  McGinn has been injury prone since he has come back but I can see this being a massive game McInnes will risk him. 

Think at times Stewart has done well in some games and hopefully he can step up for this massive game.  I like May as I think he puts in a great shift and good at set-pieces but the service to him has been dreadful this season which both him and Rooney have suffered.

Mackay-Steven out is a real blow, especially with Halliday likely filling in at left-back for Rangers. I hope McGinn makes it, primarily for his defensive work, otherwise the team could be unbalanced and vulnerable to Rangers' strengths on the wings. 

Wonder if there’s any hope Del is bluffing with the GMS and McGinn chat. Usually he’ll keep that sort of thing it under wraps until the teams are announced, and I’m not sure why he’d change that habit before this game.

Anyway, set out properly and I still think we’ll win. Anything less and that’s 2nd fucked.

Massive game.

Wonder if there’s any hope Del is bluffing with the GMS and McGinn chat. Usually he’ll keep that sort of thing it under wraps until the teams are announced, and I’m not sure why he’d change that habit before this game.

Anyway, set out properly and I still think we’ll win. Anything less and that’s 2nd fucked.

Massive game.

Pretty sure he gives team news at every pre match press conference?

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Mackay-Steven out is a real blow, especially with Halliday likely filling in at left-back for Rangers. I hope McGinn makes it, primarily for his defensive work, otherwise the team could be unbalanced and vulnerable to Rangers' strengths on the wings. 

If only we had an experienced left back available to play....

7 hours ago, Dellvecchio said:

aye its on Skye just hope we turn up and hammer them.

We are due a decent result against Deid FC

The move from Pittodrie went a bit further west than expected then...

Wonder if there’s any hope Del is bluffing with the GMS and McGinn chat. Usually he’ll keep that sort of thing it under wraps until the teams are announced

He has indeed played that trick a few times in the past - I think I recall him doing it twice with Hayes.

No GMS would be a blow. Hopefully it’s a bluff.

Pretty sure he gives team news at every pre match press conference?

He does, but he’s usually canny with it.

Quite often if someone picked up a knock in training or in the previous game which keeps them out, there’ll be no mention of it until the team lines come out on the Saturday, presumably in attempt to stop of the opposition planning accordingly - in contrast to announcing GMS is out the day before our biggest game of the season.

GMS also tweeted yesterday that he can’t wait for this game.

Could be barking up the wrong tree completely mind.

Archived