Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Finlay Allan doing? Got a chance of breaking through with us next season?

Definitely has something about him looks lively and wants to be direct, would be good for a team that plays football and uses their wingers properly so I could see him suiting a team like Montrose.

Edited by ScottishLoon

For a 17 year old I’ve been really impressed by Allan. Competes physically and wants to make things happen, actually looks like he has the ability to do it too

8 hours ago, C_titz said:

Why do the board not realise the fans hate pendle with a passion

In Pendle's defence the mint kit was bespoke so perhaps we can hope that from now on we're done with straight from the catalogue shirts.

However, nobody would be upset if we did change suppliers.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

In Pendle's defence the mint kit was bespoke so perhaps we can hope that from now on we're done with straight from the catalogue shirts.

However, nobody would be upset if we did change suppliers.

It’s not the designs for me , I’d like to see a more well known manufacturer do the trading gear , jackets etc were better . I’d buy them if they were . Obviously this would incur extra costs and I don’t know how much by but since we won’t be paying too much on win bonuses the last few years ……..

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's a good level for any 17-year old to be getting regular game time, and the experience will be invaluable I reckon. Also glad to see Rayan Mohammed grabbing another goal, bit of fortune about the setup with some comical Clyde defending causing a tap-in (I think his other goal was similar too), but both goals have been important and I assume he's already having more of an effect than Mutale did?

Results-wise it's looked from a distance that 2024 has started very well for Forfar (Peterhead collapse aside), so of course the moans change instead to the kits :lol: Seriously though, I totally agree. Pendle is gash and despite my love of navy, it just doesn't look right as a Forfar home kit. I do quite like the concepts posted above, some actual thought put into the kits for a change.

Mohammed has looked useful in spells.  Scored a couple goals but in the main has been benched 

Just seen McKinnon got Manager of the Month for February.

Cannot argue with the stats, probably the form team in the league apart from Stenny and another great result on Saturday.

But I'll be completely honest, I don't think I can sit through another season of his brand of football next season, I really just don't enjoy watching my team anymore.

Even on Saturday, delighted to get the 3 points obviously, but just came away from the ground feeling unimpressed again, nothing gets you off your seat, it's just bland negative football.

So fair play Ray, looks like you'll keep us up. But, f**k me it's hard to watch.

49 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

It’s been fairly frequent that when a Forfar player or manager wins a monthly award it precedes a disastrous next game 🙈

Tbf we're playing stenny next so there's always the chance that could happen anyway.

Our best hope at this stage is with the mess going at queen of the south right now, they finally bin Bartley and come in for ray thinking he's a safe pair of hands but i feel like I'm clutching at straws here.

Never thought I'd see a forfar  manager get a manager of the month award and it feel like a negative.

The best part is me feeling like that isn't even me being that negative it's just the reality of the last year of watching us scrap our way to mid table mediocrity with set piece and penalty box scramble goals where our only reliable goal sources are from our CB turned DM.

Edited by ScottishLoon

4 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I see Andy got himself into the team of the week.

I’ve been critical of him in the past but he’s done fairly well past wee while . 

13 hours ago, C_titz said:

I’ve been critical of him in the past but he’s done fairly well past wee while . 

Yes, me too. But his upturn in performances seem to have went side by side with our good form, so fair play.

Well done Andy.

Best unbeaten run in 7 years whilst simultaneously being the worst football and least enjoyment we've had from from a forfar team in 15 years.... Make it make sense.

We don't even look like a team that's on a 10 game unbeaten run, you'd think we'd not won in 10 games when you look at the players body language, they don't look particularly happy or confident and surely that comes down from the atmosphere/environment from the manager and the way they're being made to play by him.

If ray is indeed here next season I think it's looking increasingly likely that a lot of even the local players would rather move on than sign on and continue to be forced to play like that under him.

The atmospheres and performances for games at station park in the last 12 months (Arbroath and Hibs games apart) have felt so apathetic from the lack of enjoyment from watching the team under ray that the board needs to think of the bigger picture and sack him because of it.

Edited by ScottishLoon

We’re an awful watch, just terrible. In my opinion we play far too deep in midfield meaning generally we don’t have enough players to support any attacks we do get. We might be getting some results at the moment but there genuinely has to be better things to do with a Saturday afternoon than watch that negative, anti-football dross. I hate McKinnon and his tactics, cannot wait until he fucks off.

14 draws in the league this season is absolutely wild.

7 0-0’s., combined with the second least goals scored in the league & the third least goals conceded, it’s no wonder we’re all bored out of our minds. 

if only we had a manager that wanted to attack, we’d maybe actually score some goals & win some games…. 🤦‍♂️

15 draws now. Without any doubt the most boring season I’ve ever witnessed following Forfar. 

Just going by the lack of enthusiasm on here, shows I’m not alone in my opinion.

An absolute nothing season, things need to improve next season.

Anyone there yesterday? Same old?