Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Another week goes by and still no signings news.landscape tumbleweed GIF

If we bring anyone in, it’s just going to be a last minute loanee, and not anyone of use, more of the Cedwyn Scott, Ryan Shanley, Lewis Allan standard isn’t it?

2 hours ago, lwh said:

We are closer to Kelty than Arbroath were to us and yet there seems to be no intent of challenging them. Play offs it is

That may be true but we all know we bottled the league, more so than Arbroath going onto a mega run of form.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Kelty don’t have Gary Bollan in charge unfortunately for you lot

Agreed.

Irvine says he is nearing some moves, but may also bide his time until the end of February.

“I’m just a week or so away,” he told Courier Sport when asked about signings. “I’ve got bodies in mind.

“January can be tricky, there’s a lot of moving pieces between clubs.

“We’re probably not going to see much in terms of bodies being added over the weekend. I’m working hard on bringing people in for different positions.

Reading between the lines here, we don’t actually have anyone coming in and have to settle for Harkins starting every week.

On 14/01/2022 at 16:41, Bridie Vision said:

It says Stef is the 9th player under contract for us next season, trying to think who else is. This is what I think, fairly certain on the first 5, happy to be corrected by someone who knows. 

Marc McCallum, Ross Meechan, Andy Munro, Craig Slater, Stef McCluskey, Matty Aitken (?), PJ Crossan (?), Gary Irvine (?), Gary Harkins (?).

For the manager and coach (the 2 Garys) I think they were given a contract until next summer, whether they'll still register as players next season I don't know.

If the rumours are true, aitken will be a hard one to replace, think he poses such a threat…..

Does anyone agree with me on my opinion that we have hit a ceiling? I believe we need to get some fresh legs in there somewhere but can’t quite put my finger on it, just look slow and lazy, especially within the attacking area, stef Matty scotty we look slow ? Are we missing Doris’s threat in behind ? 

Guest mr_malcolm
No chance of putting the game off is there? I went to a game at Arbroath in similar conditions and the ref put it off after 20 mins and I can't be arsed driving 80 miles for that to happen!

Not sure . Blowy as f**k up here just now anyway

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

No chance of putting the game off is there?

Still windy but the gusts not as strong as earlier. Dundee and Arbroath games off so still wild in places and might make for difficult driving. Nothing about game being called off on club pages ... yet.