Kieran Tierney

On 24/06/2019 at 23:24, This time Perthshirebell said:

Guess it's all about opinions.    

I'm old enough to remember Dalglish, Souness, Larmier, Cooper etc.   I'm too young for Law and Jinky.    

I've seen it in the past where get caught up promoting our young players.   We do it because we really want them to succeed.   

In my 40 years of watching Scottish football the best players I've ever seen are:  

1.  Tierney 
2.  Dalglish 
3.  A. Robertson in that order.  

That's funny. 

Guest Moomintroll

If Kieran was playing in England, he'd probably be worth about £50m," he said.

"But becauhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48732772se it's Scotland, I would think £25m would be a price you'd start talking about, with add-ons.

"He's got the ability to go into a club like Arsenal. Whether Arsenal is a big enough club for Kieran Tierney, that's the question.

"If you were picking out a player in British football at the moment that can play left-back, himself and [Liverpool's Scotland captain] Andy Robertson are the best two in Britain, if not Europe."

PB, I like you, but you do realise you have quoted the biggest cretin ever to grace Scottish Football to try & defend your stance. I am starting to think you are doing this on purpose but can't really work out why.

1 hour ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

If Kieran was playing in England, he'd probably be worth about £50m," he said.

"But becauhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48732772se it's Scotland, I would think £25m would be a price you'd start talking about, with add-ons.

"He's got the ability to go into a club like Arsenal. Whether Arsenal is a big enough club for Kieran Tierney, that's the question.

"If you were picking out a player in British football at the moment that can play left-back, himself and [Liverpool's Scotland captain] Andy Robertson are the best two in Britain, if not Europe."

You are quoting Packy Bonner as a fountain of wisdom?? Wow! This gets even more hilarious. 

Guest Moomintroll
As you know I live and breathe for this website.    I often joke with my mates that I wouldn't need a death certificate, just just need to look at my last log in date on P & B!    But I want to garner more than green dots, I want to be fearless in my beliefs and become even more powerful than I thought possible.    In 5 years time I want posters to think - "It must be right PB said it and he's a long track record of always being right".   

Some folk don't like Bonner because they don't like Asians but he's bang on the money here.     Man Utd have signed a  inferior full back from Crystal Palace for £50 million so £25 million plus add-ons makes perfect sense as the absolute lowest amount Celtic should be asking for.     It's not Celtic's fault Arsenal have a lowish transfer budget.    

I've also agree with Packie that Arsenal might not be the ideal move it looks like on paper.    Tierney has just turned 22, IMO the next 6 years are the absolute prime years for an attacking fullback.    Arsenal's frugal spending probably means they won't be moving back into the top 4 anytime soon, and KT might feel he cannot win what Robertson has won at Arsenal.   

I also agree with Packie that KT is alongside Robertson the best UK left back, and one of the very best in Europe.     I got absolutely pillared for it,  but prior to KT and Robertson the last time I felt we had a Scottish player that was one of the worlds best in his position was Dalglish.     

I stand by my prediction KT will be remembered as one of our absolute best ever.   
PB, now I know you are at it but I still can't work out why, is it some weird long game joke against Pepp? In the best traditions of P&B I also have to refer you to your attempted spelling of pilloried.

Looks like Grahame’s gone up the wrong ‘un again.

The line about people not liking Pat Bonner because are racist against Asian people is a pretty sure sign that the poster is not entirely on the level.

Prices compared to English players are completely irrelevant. Especially ones who don’t even play in the same position.

Tierney isn’t a home grown player for any team in England. Others who are have inflated prices because teams have to fill quotas. You really think Harry Maguire would be talked about for £70 million if he was Spanish? 

Edited by RobbieD

1 hour ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Prices compared to English football are only completely irrelevant if you wish to continue underselling our product.   

The idea that John McGinn can suddenly be worth 15 times more money because he's continued his Hibs form at Aston Villa has to be redressed.   

McGinn isn't in the top 50 midfielders in Europe, Tierney is in the top 5 left backs.  

Still talking pish then?

3 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Prices compared to English football are only completely irrelevant if you wish to continue underselling our product.   

The idea that John McGinn can suddenly be worth 15 times more money because he's continued his Hibs form at Aston Villa has to be redressed.   

McGinn isn't in the top 50 midfielders in Europe, Tierney is in the top 5 left backs.  

Top 5 in europe yet none of the top 4 in England want him nevermind the top 5 teams in europe

Again, what do you feel KT is worth.  

I would value tierney around 20 million to 25 million top end. He has been exceptional in the Scottish league average at best in champions league and decent for scotland when he’s shown up.

Tierney is more of a risk than wan-Bissaka. Wan Bissaka is proven at premier league level playing against top players every weekend. Tierney has been playing in a really poor league week in and week and the hip injury must be a worry also.

8 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

My team: Rangers.  

Because the 5th best team in England's desperate to buy him doesn't mean the top 4 are not interested.   

Personally I feel Man City would be a great fit.  

Again, what do you feel KT is worth.  

No more than Arsenal are willing to pay for him.

Value is completely meaningless now anyway when you have Premier League sides spending stupid sums on players, and even Championship sides breaking eight figures.  Tierney is currently worth somewhere between what Celtic want for him and what Arsenal want to pay for him.  If he goes, he'll be worth what Arsenal paid for him.  Anything else is just angry, subjective pish.