Kieran Tierney

14 hours ago, Enigma said:

I heard from somebody that the reason why he’s not moved, at least recently, and probably won’t move any time soon is he’s unlikely to pass a medical at any club that would purchase him.

Hold on, are we saying that he's... he's... *pauses to control his beating heart*....

...that he's finished?

He won't go to Lyon anyway. He'll stay for 10IAR, Celtic make a balls of it season 20-21 and he will end up playing for bottom-barrel EPL guff like Brighton or Southampton. 

Edited by DAFC.

No one claimed Tierney wasn't injured.
The "zoomers" said he should have had the surgery weeks ago (months even), instead of Celtic idiotically trying to keep him ticking over until the cup final. They were proven right today, not wrong.

Er, yes, plenty of zoomers have indeed been suggesting he wasn’t injured!

6 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Why wouldn't you sign Tierney if you were Arsenal manager?    He'd be relatively inexpensive at 20-30 million for 10 years service, gives 100% in every match and is a huge upgrade on what Arsenal currently have. 

I’m surounded by Arsenal fans down here. Everyone that has seen him wants him. Those that haven’t still want him because their own LBs are shite

Edited by RobbieD

I heard from somebody that the reason why he’s not moved, at least recently, and probably won’t move any time soon is he’s unlikely to pass a medical at any club that would purchase him.

Nonsense, he’s quite clearly capable of playing regular football.

He’s had injury issues sure, but that’s not going to completely stop him moving on, unless clubs think he’s unlikely to be able to play ever again.

If a medical shows up issues that surprise the signing club they are unlikely to completely halt a deal, but they will probably pay less wages/transfer money, Perhaps re-adjust these so the the guaranteed payment is less but more out towards appearances.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Nonsense, he’s quite clearly capable of playing regular football.

He’s had injury issues sure, but that’s not going to completely stop him moving on, unless clubs think he’s unlikely to be able to play ever again.

If a medical shows up issues that surprise the signing club they are unlikely to completely halt a deal, but they will probably pay less wages/transfer money, Perhaps re-adjust these so the the guaranteed payment is less but more out towards appearances.

Not true.  Look at Nabil Fekir last year.

Not true.  Look at Nabil Fekir last year.

1 transfer compared to hundreds of signings of players even with them being injured when signed. Also a higher risk signing given the wages/transfer required.

Tierney is relatively low risk in that regard.

Just now, parsforlife said:

1 transfer compared to hundreds of signings of players even with them being injured when signed. Also a higher risk signing given the wages/transfer required.

Tierney is relatively low risk in that regard.

Being injured is not the same as failing a medical.  How do you know Tierney is lower risk?  Are you his doctor?

6 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Surely even Celtic fans would like to see him make the step  up. There is something satisfying about seeing a youth player come through and go on to have a successful career. I have a feeling they’d be quick to turn on him. 

I would like to see him stay for the 10 in a row charge. He only turned 22 a couple of days ago so he will still be young enough then. After some more European football and intentional football too I think he could feasibly join a team that is a champions league regular. He’s already proven to be pretty rock solid at that level.

Edited by gannonball

Being injured is not the same as failing a medical.  How do you know Tierney is lower risk?  Are you his doctor?

Yes I am.

Given his general fitness which whilst isn’t brilliant isn’t disastrous I highly doubt 50 + clubs that could consider him would all independently judge his medical and decide he’s too high risk to sign. That’s highly unlikely

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Yes I am.

Given his general fitness which whilst isn’t brilliant isn’t disastrous I highly doubt 50 + clubs that could consider him would all independently judge his medical and decide he’s too high risk to sign. That’s highly unlikely

You have no idea of his condition.  You're just talking out of your arse.  If he can't pass a medical no club would touch him with a bargepole.

You have no idea of his condition.  You're just talking out of your arse.  If he can't pass a medical no club would touch him with a bargepole.

I have an idea on how he copes with professional football, cause I am aware on how often he plays and can judge if he plays in those games to a a reasonable standard of if he is struggling due to injury.

‘A medical’. Yes because every club has the same test which is purely pass/fail...

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I have an idea on how he copes with professional football, cause I am aware on how often he plays and can judge if he plays in those games to a a reasonable standard of if he is struggling due to injury.

‘A medical’. Yes because every club has the same test which is purely pass/fail...

You're right, every club does have the same test pretty much and no club will spend millions on a player who fails it.  He's played nine times since xmas aged 21, you have no idea what issues he has or how they may impact him in the future.  A medical shows these things.

Interestingly enough if you scroll through Tierneys Twitter feed he has never tweeted about Scotland at all.  NOt even once, ever.  Not when he made his.debut, not when he captained Scotland not when Scotland have got a result, not to wish Scotland luck.  Nothing.

I think people who say he couldn't give a toss about Scotland are clearly correct.  I expect him to withdraw from a few more squads this coming season, and would absolutely love to see Scotland quality for the euros and leave a fully fit Tierney at home.

Edited by Kuro

Interestingly enough if you scroll through Tierneys Twitter feed he has never tweeted about Scotland at all.  NOt even once, ever.  Not when he made his.debut, not when he captained Scotland not when Scotland have got a result, not to wish Scotland luck.  Nothing.
I think people who say he couldn't give a toss about Scotland are clearly correct.  I expect him to withdraw from a few more squads this coming season, and would absolutely love to see Scotland quality for the euros and leave a fully fit Tierney at home.

:lol:

On 15/06/2019 at 10:45, Kuro said:

Don’t forget his audience. He will keep them happier focusing on all things green.