Kieran Tierney

43 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think we're overdue a dryhorce spawn as well are we not?

I honestly don't mind dryhorce now that he has abandoned the tattie picker chat. I like looking at players that I would never have heard of otherwise & you just know one of them is going to turn up here sometime soon.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Is it Satoshi or Jives Miguel that is Pepp this weather? I've not been keeping up.

It isn't Satoshi. Pepp had a bit of self awareness and was alright actually. Satoshi has no variety to his posting style at all. He's a fantastic troll tbf. 

General Dissaray is absolutely Dryhorce.

I agree with both, Pepp just needed to haul himself back from the brink but resolutely refused to do so even when warned.

Like I said, I actually like Dryhorces delve into players I would have no idea existed otherwise & look forward to his next bunch of players that would be decent but will never turn up here.

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I'd say neither. Pep was alright and actually had some interesting and informative opinions on football.

Given he's played in at least one CL final (that we know of) this is damning him with faint praise.

For people who regularly complain about the apparent lack of quality posts on this forum, the majority of you don't half talk a lot of utter nonsense.

Go take your Eastenders wifie tier whodunnit discussion to the requisite sub forum. You weird gimps.

Thank you.

Read a pretty strange article regarding Tierney today, I cant actually find it now to link.

But the suggestion was basically that Tierneys lack of game time this year has nothing to do with whats now being asked of his position.

And all to do with him being homesick!?

Seems a bit off the mark to me as last season playing as a more orthodox fullback he was performing very well.

Could there be a bit of truth in it tho? Is he sick of the jellied eels and pie and mash, and longing for a deep fried Mars bar?

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Read a pretty strange article regarding Tierney today, I cant actually find it now to link.

But the suggestion was basically that Tierneys lack of game time this year has nothing to do with whats now being asked of his position.

And all to do with him being homesick!?

Seems a bit off the mark to me as last season playing as a more orthodox fullback he was performing very well.

Could there be a bit of truth in it tho? Is he sick of the jellied eels and pie and mash, and longing for a deep fried Mars bar?

Not sure going to Newcastle will help much with that. Isn't it about 2.5 hours by train from Newcastle to Glasgow? He can easily do the same journey from London by air in that time.

We were talking about disappointments, and I will say there were a couple of players who had the potential to do a lot better this season who didn’t. I will say Kieran Tierney, he could’ve worked harder at being happy; he could’ve given a bit more.

Tierney’s situation is nothing to do with playing a different way or adapting his game. I’m telling you, the boy is not happy; you can tell a mile off. He wants to be with his family. I truly believe I can see it in Tierney’s face, he loves Arsenal, but his heart is somewhere else. There’s a club up there who have just gotten into the Champions League who aren’t far away from where his family is. It’s about happy players.

David Hillier

https://www.justarsenal.com/could-kieran-tierney-want-leave-arsenal-because-he-is-simply-homesick/341220

It's come from a podcast called Highbury Squad with Kevin Campbell and David Hillier. Seems to me it's just speculative, unprovable opinion based fan media rubbish so I'm not going to be reading into it but maybe I haven't looked closely enough at KT's face.

Could be some truth in it based on a segment on KT in one of the episodes of that Arsenal All or Nothing show on Amazon Prime. There's a segment where he's being interviewed in his kitchen talking about how homesick he was when he first moved down and how he really struggled to settle. He ended up getting one of his mates (I think) to move in with him and be his personal chef. Appreciate that would have been recorded a few years ago and it might not be an issue any longer but it's something he's admitted to struggling with before. 

16 hours ago, Donathan said:

Not sure going to Newcastle will help much with that. Isn't it about 2.5 hours by train from Newcastle to Glasgow? He can easily do the same journey from London by air in that time.

If someone is affected by homesickness for Glasgow I'd suggest there's a fair difference between Newcastle and London even if the time taken to return home is similar.

Speaking as someone who has lived in the north and south of Sassenachville.

15 hours ago, dezz said:

Could be some truth in it based on a segment on KT in one of the episodes of that Arsenal All or Nothing show on Amazon Prime. There's a segment where he's being interviewed in his kitchen talking about how homesick he was when he first moved down and how he really struggled to settle. He ended up getting one of his mates (I think) to move in with him and be his personal chef. Appreciate that would have been recorded a few years ago and it might not be an issue any longer but it's something he's admitted to struggling with before. 

Tearknee doesn't come across well at all here.

• 3 weeks later...