Kieran Tierney

Has anyone said Tierney playing less games is good?

There's an absolute mentalist on this thread who thinks Tomiyasu is second choice left back.

Expect Tierney will come in and perform excellently as he has whenever called on this season.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

There's an absolute mentalist on this thread who thinks Tomiyasu is second choice left back.

Expect Tierney will come in and perform excellently as he has whenever called on this season.

Tomiyasu was second choice at left back for a bit in the early start of the season (Tierney was fit). He’s been injured most of the latter part of season though. 

The problem isn’t Tierney, the problem is Arteta being set on the inverted LB. At that point Tomiyasu was the closest after Zinchenko who could play it, but Tierney has kind of learnt to do it over the season. Personally I didn’t think Tomiyasu was all that good there but there was a run of games where Arteta clearly preferred him.

I think it was that point I pretty much assumed Tierney would leave Arsenal tbh.

13 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Tomiyasu was second choice at left back for a bit in the early start of the season (Tierney was fit). He’s been injured most of the latter part of season though. 

The problem isn’t Tierney, the problem is Arteta being set on the inverted LB. At that point Tomiyasu was the closest after Zinchenko who could play it, but Tierney has kind of learnt to do it over the season. Personally I didn’t think Tomiyasu was all that good there but there was a run of games where Arteta clearly preferred him.

I think it was that point I pretty much assumed Tierney would leave Arsenal tbh.

He played a few times in October in the league, and once in March for a Europa League.

Looks like a bit of a failed experiment on Artetas part.

Tomiyasu has played left back for Arsenal 5 times this season, for Tierney it is 33.

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Well you've been having a go at people for about 6 months who want Tierney to play more. So id say yes you would be the guy who prefers him not to be playing first team football.

12 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Well you've been having a go at people for about 6 months who want Tierney to play more. So id say yes you would be the guy who prefers him not to be playing first team football.

This didn't happen, people have been wildly criticising Tierney and how his game time will affect his performances with the national team.

It didn't - they got it totally wrong and I don't apologise for pointing this out.

Just like you when you had a go at Christie based on BBC ratings when you had seen none of the match. Just like you when you started a thread about sacking Steve Clarke.

Have you ever got anything right?

Edited by Satoshi

27 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

This didn't happen, people have been wildly criticising Tierney and how his game time will affect his performances with the national team.

It didn't - they got it totally wrong and I don't apologise for pointing this out.

Just like you when you had a go at Christie based on BBC ratings when you had seen none of the match. Just like you when you started a thread about sacking Steve Clarke.

Have you ever got anything right?

Your getting yourself all worked up, just enjoy our players playing and doing well and stop being so negative and petty.

Edited by Bing.McCrosby

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

He played a few times in October in the league, and once in March for a Europa League.

Looks like a bit of a failed experiment on Artetas part.

Tomiyasu has played left back for Arsenal 5 times this season, for Tierney it is 33.

I think the first time he played there this season was against Liverpool and the general consensus was that it was to combat Salah cutting inside. I seem to remember that Arteta kept the full-backs wider in that game too. 

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Your getting yourself all worked up, just enjoy our players playing and doing well and stop being so negative and petty.

I do enjoy our players playing well. 

If our players are unfairly attacked I defend them.

You are often the one unfairly attacking them.

That's where we differ.

Can we count on a great reduction in negative posts from you on our players / the national team in general? I really do hope so.

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I do enjoy our players playing well. 

If our players are unfairly attacked I defend them.

You are often the one unfairly attacking them.

That's where we differ.

Can we count on a great reduction in negative posts from you on our players / the national team in general? I really do hope so.

Can you quote me criticising the footballing ability of Tierney then?

Saying he isn't playing and hoping that he can get game time isn't criticising.

I can quote me praising him going back years.

Ill take you avoiding this as an apology.

Guest ICTFCwife
2 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I agree with you tierney is a good player however just hasn’t got the game time this season and on a salary of 5 million plus a year for spending a lot of time on the bench is ridiculous.

On 17/04/2023 at 22:05, Bing.McCrosby said:

Hopefully Zinchenko is injured for a wee bit and Tierney can shake off the rust.

It might be an important end to to season for him to showcase himself and get a good move.

On 17/04/2023 at 22:06, craigkillie said:

Or he could play well and become a first choice player again. Why are people so obsessed with players having to move clubs the moment they hit the first bit of difficulty?

On 20/04/2023 at 05:22, Bing.McCrosby said:

Some people think that a footballer can perform to their peak. Without playing regular first team games 🤷‍♂️

It is though an opinion that goes against medical science, or literally anyone who has played football at a decent level.

8 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I couldn't care less if you're criticising his "footballing ability" nearly every post you make on this thread is a blatant attack on him, on how rusty he is and how he needs to play well to get a good move (if he had played zero games this season Tierney would still be a coveted top flight player). Cedric, a far worse Arsenal full back who almost never played, got a PL move.

You even laughably said he was rusty Vs Cyprus, but I am not bothering to go back that far. You looked utterly ridiculous when he then tore it up Vs Spain of course.

Clearly I'm not the only poster calling you out on it.

He has played 33 games for Arsenal this season and had probably his best ever national team performance. Yet you still attack him being rusty.

Admit you got it wrong and that he's been great for the national team when called upon.

And if you want to stop constantly attacking him? Yeah that would be good too, I'll believe it when I see it.

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I couldn't care less if you're criticising his "footballing ability" nearly every post you make on this thread is a blatant attack on him, on how rusty he is and how he needs to play well to get a good move (if he had played zero games this season Tierney would still be a coveted top flight player). Cedric, a far worse Arsenal full back who almost never played, got a PL move.

You even laughably said he was rusty Vs Cyprus, but I am not bothering to go back that far. You looked utterly ridiculous when he then tore it up Vs Spain of course.

Clearly I'm not the only poster calling you out on it.

He has played 33 games for Arsenal this season and had probably his best ever national team performance. Yet you still attack him being rusty.

Admit you got it wrong and that he's been great for the national team when called upon.

And if you want to stop constantly attacking him? Yeah that would be good too, I'll believe it when I see it.

So no was the answer 🤣 you couldn't quote me criticising his footballing ability

On 13/05/2023 at 14:57, Bing.McCrosby said:

So no was the answer 🤣 you couldn't quote me criticising his footballing ability

I couldn't care less if you were "ctiticising his footballing ability" you have been having a go at him non stop for months. I only looked back two pages and found multiple examples of it, including other posters calling you out for it.

Most of those attacking him have been extra quiet recently, you just deny you have been attacking him which is utterly bizarre given the evidence is strewn on every page.

Still let's hope you turn a new leaf and stop attacking our players / national team. You admit you got it totally wrong with Christie and sacking Clarke, even Ralph Wiggum can change eventually.

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I couldn't care less if you were "ctiticising his footballing ability" you have been having a go at him non stop for months. I only looked back two pages and found multiple examples of it, including other posters calling you out for it.

Most of those attacking him have been extra quiet recently, you just deny you have been attacking him which is utterly bizarre given the evidence is strewn on every page.

Still let's hope you turn a new leaf and stop attacking our players / national team. You admit you got it totally wrong with Christie and sacking Clarke, even Ralph Wiggum can change eventually.

Pointing out that he isn't playing regularly isn't criticising him, you must be one extreme snowflake.