Kieran Tierney

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He did look lost when he had to go into midfield.

He was fine at LB. Although was he not meant to be marking Bowen when he scored?

He laid it on a plate for Jesus to score too, should have had an assist.

And from what I saw he kept the line fine and two others left Bowen onside.

Usual suspects really out in force here.

An excellent Scotland performance did well stepping in for Arsenal.

I'm sure some were desperate for him to do badly but he didn't. What a wee shame. 

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Or he could play well and become a first choice player again. Why are people so obsessed with players having to move clubs the moment they hit the first bit of difficulty?

C’mon, Arteta wants him to play as an inverted LB in midfield and as we saw yesterday, he’s not that comfortable doing that.

It doesn’t matter how well he plays, he won’t be first choice again until Arteta changes his tactical style. 

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

He was pretty poor, but at least didn't chuck in a goal like Zinchenko does most games.

I don’t think he was poor.

He doesn’t play inverted LB as well as Zinchenko but I think his good defending yesterday is being overlooked. Zinchenko would never have made that block on Bowen, and Tierney did some great defending down the left hand side which Zinchenko has been rubbish at for weeks and as you say, been costing them goals from.

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

C’mon, Arteta wants him to play as an inverted LB in midfield and as we saw yesterday, he’s not that comfortable doing that.

It doesn’t matter how well he plays, he won’t be first choice again until Arteta changes his tactical style. 

Players adapt with experience and managers change tactics regularly.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Or he could play well and become a first choice player again. Why are people so obsessed with players having to move clubs the moment they hit the first bit of difficulty?

Well that would be ideal, even playing more than he has been would be great.

But I cant see it, for the same reasons as @Jambomostated.

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I don’t think he was poor.

He doesn’t play inverted LB as well as Zinchenko but I think his good defending yesterday is being overlooked. Zinchenko would never have made that block on Bowen, and Tierney did some great defending down the left hand side which Zinchenko has been rubbish at for weeks and as you say, been costing them goals from.

Agree with this. I thought he was perfectly fine in a pretty poor team performance. 

Shake off the rust? Tierney was fantastic in the international break. I saw no evidence of rust.

The usual suspects don’t even bother to hide themselves any more - why are you constantly attacking our players?

Robertson had a particularly excellent game vs Leeds and no posts, Tierney has a good game against West Ham and people say he was poor and needs game to shake off rust? It’s just weird behaviour tbh, surely no other national team has ‘fans’ like this?

I think you're spot on @Satoshi

I think most posters in here don't really care too much if players are doing well in there respective club teams so long as they're getting game time and aren't going to get relegated. No-one comments on Robertson at Liverpool, Hickey at Brentford, McGinn at Villa or say McGregor at Celtic and that's because they are all doing fine at their clubs and ticking over nicely.

So I just take that silence as a positive personally. No news is good news. When these same players perform well for the National Team the same posters on here generally will praise them. It's a bit like when a player gets injured ahead of an international camp and some posters have a mini meltdown and so when a player isn't playing at his club you have to endure the same pish coming from the same angsty origin.

6 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Some people think that a footballer can perform to their peak. Without playing regular first team games 🤷‍♂️

It is though an opinion that goes against medical science, or literally anyone who has played football at a decent level.

If only you had ended with "FACT", I would have started my day with a win at P&B BINGO. 

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Hi Bing, please tell me everything you know about medical science.

And what level of football you played at.

Ralph Wiggum didn't even try with this one 😅

Who was that poster who claimed to be a top footballer and friends with Obama? What does he think? Would he trust Bings view on medical science?