Kieran Tierney

1 hour ago, LinkinFighter said:

I thought arsenal requested he wasn't selected? The games are meaningless anyway.

That's certainly what has been reported, but I'm a bit dubious given the player's previous track record of ambivalence/withdrawal. 

After being roundly criticised in the wake of the Israel game, it seems he's not mentally up for international football, and that's fine.  It's a disappointment for Scotland certainly, and I hope the player doesn't come to regret it - but I think it's best for everyone if we just move on now. 

Steve Clarke should invoke the four day rule, say to.arsenal let's give.him an extra weekend off make sure that issue is cleared up properly.

As for Tierney l genuinely would love to see Scotland qualify for the euros and leave a fit Tierney at home.

Edited by Kuro

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s a hell of a jump.

There are any number of reasons Arsenal don’t want him playing in these games.

If the quote is accurate, then he isn't injured and will probably play today.  What other reason would a club not want a player selected for which the SFA/Clarke would agree to?

To me it sounds very much like the player has told Arsenal "Look I'm just coming back from injury, trying to force myself to be the number 1 left back and the Scotland games are pretty meaningless so I would rather not go away with Scotland if that's cool?"

And Arsenal have said 'aye no bother, we will tell them you are unavailable'

Steve Clarke and Scotland will know its Tierneys decision but for obvious reasons dont want to publically blame the player so have just put it back on the club.

32 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If the quote is accurate, then he isn't injured and will probably play today.  What other reason would a club not want a player selected for which the SFA/Clarke would agree to?

Arsenal never said he was injured, they said he has an ongoing issue they want to clear up in the intl window.  That's not an injury.

4 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

To me it sounds very much like the player has told Arsenal "Look I'm just coming back from injury, trying to force myself to be the number 1 left back and the Scotland games are pretty meaningless so I would rather not go away with Scotland if that's cool?"

Steve Clarke and Scotland will know its Tierneys decision but for obvious reasons dont want to publically blame the player so have just put it back on the club.

I think it's much more likely the other way round actually, arsenal have said that to him.  He probably does have a small issue given his injury record the last year or so, could be something as simple as fluid on his knee or a repeated tight hamstring.  

This is exactly what I think about it too.

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

Arsenal never said he was injured, they said he has an ongoing issue they want to clear up in the intl window.  That's not an injury.

Define ongoing issue?   he is either carrying an injury which needs further treatment or rest, or he isn't :lol:

Arsenal appear to have confirmed that there are no injuries with their first team squad.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

I agree, he doesn't want to play.  Which is a pity as I could starting in one of the games.

Edited by Burnie_man

Tierney has only played about 3 or 4 full games for Arsenal and they seem to have been slow in bringing him in due to his injury issues and the amount of time he was out.

I expect they just don’t want him rushed back and that includes playing for Scotland.