Kieran Tierney

A couple of months out affects match fitness and a player's mentality. 
Taylor can't get on the Celtic bench as Hayes is the back-up LB.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4883422/celtic-neil-lennon-greg-taylor-talks-playing-time/
Taylor has only made the bench once but Lennon... said: “Greg has to be patient.  He hasn’t played yet and it’s difficult for him as Boli Bolingoli has come in and been consistent..."
Lennon says he's had a talk with the full-back. “The fact he’s not in the squad is because he knows we have Jonny Hayes who can double up positions — right wing, left wing or left back. So it’s pointless having one bona-fide left back when you have a player who can factor a couple of positions for you."
He is now Robertson's back-up as it seems that Tierney just wants to play for Arsenal. It's utterly pathetic!
Tierney should of been called up as be a back up for the team. Sadly for him he has competition with Robertson. I dont want him at right back and I certainly dont want him at centre half

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
1 hour ago, Kuro said:
Aye hut he's pish though.  And by 'fighting for.his place' you mean sitting in the stand.  There's no prospect of him being first choice there, they didn't spend 3.5 million on a LB for.himmto.he backup.  Taylor has been signed to be their second choice.

They didn't spend £2m on a LB not to play him either. Celtic will play over 60 games this season, so both of them will play plenty of games.

Who will be first choice?  And if was 1.13 btw not 2.

Taylor has been bought as backup just now and to potentially succeed boli in a couple of years when they sell him.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The fee absolutely wasn't that.

How much did we actually pay for him in the end? That many came in on last day I don't remember hearing an amount.

ETA - Boli hasnt travelled so could well start tonight.

24 minutes ago, Kuro said:

That's what it listed as on transfermarkt which is a very accurate website.  

Finally confirmed as a troll. Nobody is that thick.

Edited by gannonball

17 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

It's bollocks. 180 minutes in 5 days for Arsenal shows he's fit enough for the Scotland bench at the very least.

Now we're stuck with Taylor who is Celtic's 3rd choice LB behind Hayes and has hardly played this season.

Tierney is not fit wear the Scotland shirt. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

It's bollocks. 180 minutes in 5 days for Arsenal shows he's fit enough for the Scotland bench at the very least.
Now we're stuck with Taylor who is Celtic's 3rd choice LB behind Hayes and has hardly played this season.
Tierney is not fit wear the Scotland shirt. GTF ya wee numpty!
Seems unreasonable

35 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
38 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
Tierney is not fit wear the Scotland shirt. GTF ya wee numpty!

Seems unreasonable

It's unreasonable (taking the piss) to play 180 minutes in 5 days for your club and then say you're too tired to play for your country.

Tierney is not injured so he should have made himself available for Scotland. It's now clear where his loyalty lies and it's not to his country.

"This was my second game in four days and towards the end I was tiring".

FS. If you're not tiring towards the end of any game, you probably haven't put in the effort expected of you. He'd have been better not saying anything than saying that.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

He gets a pass just about for these games, mostly because I suspect the vast majority of the fans don't even care about the games let alone the players.

March will be interesting though.  If he's featuring regularly for Arsenal and we get the humming and hawing around a call-up for games that actually matter, then he can very much f**k off.

He gets a pass just about for these games, mostly because I suspect the vast majority of the fans don't even care about the games let alone the players.
March will be interesting though.  If he's featuring regularly for Arsenal and we get the humming and hawing around a call-up for games that actually matter, then he can very much f**k off.

Aye time to invoke the FIFA four day rule in that situation.

And just to expand, I'm very much of the opinion that we have nowhere near enough quality in our squad to be picking and choosing who represents us, and freezing out some players, particularly when they have the talent of Tierney.  But you also have to draw the line somewhere.  As I imagine if he missed the March games for "some reason", and we went through, he'd be pure delighted to jump into the squad for the tournament I'd imagine.

On 06/11/2019 at 21:30, craigkillie said:

Taylor played 5 games for Killie before he got injured. He was still recovering from that injury when he signed for Celtic, but was probably fit around mid-September and has been fighting for his place since. He made his debut last week, but then missed the League Cup game at the weekend because he was cup-tied. I have absolutely no concerns that he'll struggle against Cyprus or Kazakhstan if called upon - he has plenty of experience and a couple of months out is not going to suddenly turn him into a bad player.

Have you seen Mikey Devlin?

29 minutes ago, forameus said:

And just to expand, I'm very much of the opinion that we have nowhere near enough quality in our squad to be picking and choosing who represents us, and freezing out some players, particularly when they have the talent of Tierney.  But you also have to draw the line somewhere.  As I imagine if he missed the March games for "some reason", and we went through, he'd be pure delighted to jump into the squad for the tournament I'd imagine.

We definitely shouldn't be freezing him out but, if Robertson stays fit and Palmer avoids another disaster at right back, he should have to settle for warming the Scotland bench for a while.