Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Six games in and it is looking more and more likely that this Championship season is going to be as tight and as unpredictable as we all thought it might be. Every single team in the division will drop points and go on poor runs of form. The flip side of that is that the league is absolutely winnable and the fact that we are only two points off top spot whilst simultaneously being pretty shit is madness. As most of us have mentioned, the next three fixtures will have a massive bearing on the season and will once and for all decide what Laszlo's future might be. If he can navigate through these games with 6 or 7 points then I can see the board giving him the whole of the second quarter (barring an absolute disaster). 

To be fair, if he gets seven points from Ross County, Inverness and Ayr Laszlo has earned the right to more time. Despite my severe misgivings about him.

I'd be surprised, but you never know.

11 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

To be fair, if he gets seven points from Ross County, Inverness and Ayr Laszlo has earned the right to more time. Despite my severe misgivings about him.

I'd be surprised, but you never know.

That's what I'm thinking atm too.  Team selection, tactics and formation may be mental but realistically we're two points from top and playing awful. 

If the team works it works. Hopefully United can hit form and Shambles somehow stumbles onto a system that let's the players play to their abilities and preferences position wise. 

That's what I'm thinking atm too.  Team selection, tactics and formation may be mental but realistically we're two points from top and playing awful. 
If the team works it works. Hopefully United can hit form and Shambles somehow stumbles onto a system that let's the players play to their abilities and preferences position wise. 

If we're going to be optimistic, remember we still have Fyvie, Stanton and Clark to come in. Three big players for us.

And Billy King...haha

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

A pretty bizarre situation we find ourselves in so far.
This league is there for the taking certainly, but there are probably at least 6 teams thinking the exact same thing.
Our recruitment over the last couple of seasons means that we have a squad of players good enough to win games in spite of Lazlo, as evidenced by the apparent lack of respect between the bench and the pitch yesterday. If we are to win this league it will be through our defence, we have scored in every game this season despite being below par overall, that’s also been done in large parts without a striker who scored 20+ goals last season and at least one or two of our best creative forces in midfield. I know we haven’t been up against the top two and county yet, but we’ve not conceded more than one goal a game in the league since the opening game. If we can turn the majority of those into clean sheets we have a real chance of doing something, which is why I’m encouraged by yesterday, and the performance of bouhenna in particular, meaning that we could potentially have 3, at the very worst, largely solid central defenders.
Because of the above, I’m about as optimistic as I have been since we went down, but that’s tempered with huge frustration at the fact that it’s probably going to keep Lazlo in charge, presiding over a level of inconsistency this season that I think a half decent manager coming in could eliminate.
In short, being a United fan is fucking frustrating.

It is the exact same shite Utd fans have comforted themselves with in Autumn the last two seasons.

It's a tough unpredictable league, well we aren't playing well but grinding out results, it's a hard league to get out of, no one will run away with it.....

Come March when someone is running away with it and we have been completely found out everyone goes back and says how all the warning signs were there pre Xmas.

We have still been challenging for top spot at Xmas the past two seasons too before it all goes to shite.

It's a dreadful league where the grimmest XI imaginable suddenly becomes effective if well organised with a bit of belief and leadership. I'm only wee bit of hope is Fyvie can provide that.

In a well organised team I think Safranko could get 20+ goals in this league, with a fit Clark chipping in it begins to look quite healthy. I think the defence and keeper are fine too.

I'm at a loss as to why the Chairman can't see this.

19 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I think it was Sarto who said on Twitter yesterday that the big fear is that we do well enough to just about keep Laszlo in a job but not well enough to actually achieve anything. 

That's why my success criteria is 20 points clear by Xmas for any manager

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It is the exact same shite Utd fans have comforted themselves with in Autumn the last two seasons.

It's a tough unpredictable league, well we aren't playing well but grinding out results, it's a hard league to get out of, no one will run away with it.....

Come March when someone is running away with it and we have been completely found out everyone goes back and says how all the warning signs were there pre Xmas.

We have still been challenging for top spot at Xmas the past two seasons too before it all goes to shite.

It's a dreadful league where the grimmest XI imaginable suddenly becomes effective if well organised with a bit of belief and leadership. I'm only wee bit of hope is Fyvie can provide that.

In a well organised team I think Safranko could get 20+ goals in this league, with a fit Clark chipping in it begins to look quite healthy. I think the defence and keeper are fine too.

I'm at a loss as to why the Chairman can't see this.

This is how i see it.

Its false hope from some people who, for whatever reason, think after nearly a year of shite Laszlo will suddenly turn into a near semi - competant manager.

Hes a waste of space.

Id like to ask other United fans this - how many games does a win v the worst team in the league buy Laszlo? 

6 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

This is how i see it.

Its false hope from some people who, for whatever reason, think after nearly a year of shite Laszlo will suddenly turn into a near semi - competant manager.

Hes a waste of space.

Id like to ask other United fans this - how many games does a win v the worst team in the league buy Laszlo? 

There isn't a single United fan on here who would keep him if they had the choice. Unfortunately we don't make that choice and the board, based on the evidence, still seem to be supportive of the manager. 

1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

Btw I don’t know if it’s a temporary thing, but United have put up the goals for the last couple games on their YouTube channel

They asked about what they could do to improve media relations with fans on twitter a few weeks back. I think the overwhelming response was that at least put the goals up like near enough every other club does. 

It may be that we have a manager in waiting: Robbie Neilson has been at a few recent matches, and was sitting again on Saturday in the main stand beside Alan Maybury and Willo Flood. Of course, he may just be taking an interest in Scottish football, but it seems that he is focused mainly on one team.

Ooohh. Ya big tease [emoji12][emoji106]

Here’s a question....

Just imagine Fyvie coming back alongside Stanton and Clark with the likes of Mcmullan and King to come off the bench as impact subs, and a settled back 3 makes a real difference and we manage to get top and stay there for a while... Do we lay off Csaba (Don’t get me wrong I want him gone too), or has he gone too far and like TBS, could never hope to win an element of the fan base back, regardless of what happens?

Got my United loving optimistic glasses on again today, so just curious to see what people would think if we got a run going?