Dundee United 2018/2019

Here’s a question....
Just imagine Fyvie coming back alongside Stanton and Clark with the likes of Mcmullan and King to come off the bench as impact subs, and a settled back 3 makes a real difference and we manage to get top and stay there for a while... Do we lay off Csaba (Don’t get me wrong I want him gone too), or has he gone too far and like TBS, could never hope to win an element of the fan base back, regardless of what happens?
Got my United loving optimistic glasses on again today, so just curious to see what people would think if we got a run going?

I for one will admit I'm as fickle as the next man, if we were grinding out 1-0 wins every week, playing boring football, 12 points clear at the top.................the Csaba could come to work every day with his arse painted blue, and talk to the media about how the grass is the wrong shade for "his" style of football . And get my backing. Such is the mind of a football fan ( see Manchester city for reference )

11 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Here’s a question....

Just imagine Fyvie coming back alongside Stanton and Clark with the likes of Mcmullan and King to come off the bench as impact subs, and a settled back 3 makes a real difference and we manage to get top and stay there for a while... Do we lay off Csaba (Don’t get me wrong I want him gone too), or has he gone too far and like TBS, could never hope to win an element of the fan base back, regardless of what happens?

Got my United loving optimistic glasses on again today, so just curious to see what people would think if we got a run going?

I do not think Laszlo or Martin give a shit about fans venting their anger on football forums.   Fans doing it at the games (like at the Morton one) probably not much more important to them.

What will have an impact is attendances.  First game at Tannadice (Dunfermilne) 6,500 at a time when some folk would still be on holiday.  Then Partick, 5200.  Morton, 4,600.  That may include some ST holders just not going but if it is mainly PATG it will impact hugely upon the club.

IMO if we go on a winning streak folk will turn up even if the football is sub-standard.  With the players we have, played in the proper formation, we should be beating most teams in the league and holding our own against the likes of County and ICT.

I have said it before; Mike Martin is watching the same football as the rest of us.  If he is happy with it then he really does not have a clue.

4 hours ago, MacArab said:

Here’s a question....

It's imperative we go up this year. If Csaba managed to get a side to the top of the league, I would want him to stay. It's a results business and if we are getting the results, I would be prepared to overlook my many misgivings about the man. The style of football is a secondary consideration.

I don't think this scenario is likely, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

11 hours ago, MacArab said:

Here’s a question....

McMullan and King are proven dogshit.

We went on a run grinding out wins in McKinnon's first season and were top around Xmas. If you are shite it catches up with you. 

So, my personal view doesn't change. If we win the league I probably still wouldn't trust him to manage, and more importantly, recruit for the Premier.However, I think the wider fanbase is like any other and will lay off a winning manager.

13 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

If Csaba managed to get a side to the top of the league, I would want him to stay.

If, hypothetically, Dundee United were sitting top of the league... then we should never even consider thinking about sacking the manager! Football is all about results, and what sort of club would we be if we sacked our manager who was winning the league!?

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

McMullan and King are proven dogshit.

We went on a run grinding out wins in McKinnon's first season and were top around Xmas. If you are shite it catches up with you. 

So, my personal view doesn't change. If we win the league I probably still wouldn't trust him to manage, and more importantly, recruit for the Premier.However, I think the wider fanbase is like any other and will lay off a winning manager.

McMullan is one of the most dangerous attacking options we have at the moment if deployed correctly.

Even is Laszlo somehow gets us promoted I would bin him.  There’s a difference between managing in the Championship and the Premiership.

A poor manager will be decimated in the Premiership; for evidence of this see Dundee FC.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

McMullan is one of the most dangerous attacking options we have at the moment if deployed correctly.

Even is Laszlo somehow gets us promoted I would bin him.  There’s a difference between managing in the Championship and the Premiership.

A poor manager will be decimated in the Premiership; for evidence of this see Dundee FC.

This is a big thing for me too. Like most, I highly doubt Laszlo will be able to get us out of this league, either as champions or through the play offs. But even if he does then I can't see anything other than us going straight back down again the following season if he's our manager for any part of it.  I don't have much faith in him now, never mind at a higher level.

On 25/09/2018 at 09:36, Dundee Hibernian said:

It may be that we have a manager in waiting: Robbie Neilson has been at a few recent matches, and was sitting again on Saturday in the main stand beside Alan Maybury and Willo Flood. Of course, he may just be taking an interest in Scottish football, but it seems that he is focused mainly on one team.

The Neilson rumour has been kicking about for a while. Apparently Southern was sounding him out at one point. Though Southern had some input into Laszlo’s appointment so by all accounts so get him in the fucking sea, too.

It seems to be agreed that Fyvie didn’t play against Falkirk because of the pitch so assumingly will start tomorrow.
Any word on Clark?

Was In the paper at the start of the week that Nicky Clark was nearing a return so hopefully he’ll get a run out for the reserves next week or so.

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Was In the paper at the start of the week that Nicky Clark was nearing a return so hopefully he’ll get a run out for the reserves next week or so.

Going on our medical staffs history that means hell he back, fighting fit for the final few games of the season.

57 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Going on our medical staffs history that means hell he back, fighting fit for the final few games of the season.

We certainly have been unlucky with injuries to key players so far this season as well for part of the last one.