Dundee United 2018/2019

McIntyre would do for me.

Mike Martin has picked all the managers post Houston according to John Gibson (although he may not be the most reliable source :lol:). 

The major disappointment at the end yesterday was that County stopped at five. The b*****ds.

Please leave.

DZJD4OqWkAALFQG.jpg.507581e340debb4824252b42b821d0cb.jpg.f5db7d9994e47b8a2d1faae187c34c25.jpg

29 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

McIntyre would do for me.

Mike Martin has picked all the managers post Houston according to John Gibson (although he may not be the most reliable source :lol:). 

The major disappointment at the end yesterday was that County stopped at five. The b*****ds.

Please leave.

DZJD4OqWkAALFQG.jpg.507581e340debb4824252b42b821d0cb.jpg.f5db7d9994e47b8a2d1faae187c34c25.jpg

While that utterly pathetic showing yesterday was awful in every way possible, i think if it gets Laszlo the P45 treatment its a great result for the club. 

The guy hasnt done anything except make us a fucking laughing stock of Scottish football since Fyvie got injured about 4 games into his tenure. 

"We try to make an honest job of it but we have to stop crosses and we didn't and the game was over after the red card."

The game was over after the red card?

The game was over when we went 5-1 down in the 51st minuite -  about ten minuites prior to that. In fact it was over when we went 3-1 down in the first half.

It says it all when theres hardly enough fans left in the stadium to boo him off the park by the end.

Managers generally leave Dundee United with a lower stock than when they arrive - off the top of my head I think Levein is the only one to genuinely step up out of the role at Tannadice.  As such, which manager will be desperate enough to choose to work: (i) with a squad constructed entirely by Laszlo; and (ii) at Dundee United? 

I'm seriously worried by the prospect of our Chairman picking among managers that apply for that...

Managers generally leave Dundee United with a lower stock than when they arrive - off the top of my head I think Levein is the only one to genuinely step up out of the role at Tannadice.  As such, which manager will be desperate enough to choose to work: (i) with a squad constructed entirely by Laszlo; and (ii) at Dundee United? 
I'm seriously worried by the prospect of our Chairman picking among managers that apply for that...

The squad, if correctly deployed, is a decent one and is good enough to get us out of this league.
We are a joke at the moment, but our name, I believe, still carries enough weight to attract a candidate good enough to get this group of players out of this situation.
I think the fact that Thompson is gone will also help. He is the one who had the rep for hiring and firing and generally being a p***k. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of what has been going on at tannadice will be aware of people’s perceptions as laszlo and that no board in their right mind could let him continue (roll on him still being in charge next week).
The reality is, we’re 7 games in and 5 points off top, it could have been a lot worse by now. If he goes this week I will still retain some hope for this season.

15 hours ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

beg St J for Tommy Wright?

I don't think another public rejection is the PR your club needs just now. 

Robbie Neilson is likely the name fans think you should want, but he rejected St Mirrens approach to interview him this Summer as he apparently wanted a secure top flight club as his next job. 

After that you've got McIntyre and Hughes, neither of which are long term solutions to your issues. 

Can't think of any manager you'll get who sorts you within a season.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Robbie Neilson is likely the name fans think you should want, but he rejected St Mirrens approach to interview him this Summer as he apparently wanted a secure top flight club as his next job. 

After that you've got McIntyre and Hughes, neither of which are long term solutions to your issues. 

If we threw it all at Neilson id be fairly sure hed come. 

If he got us up after this Csaba Cshit Cshow hed no doubt have raised his stock to where it was before, if not higher.

The squad is there. If he brought in the organisation, structure and mental strength (and two full backs - or one  if he still fancies a game) to the team that id imagine he would then we wont be far off top spot come the end of the season. 

7 games in and 5 off top. Theoretically under the right man we could still win the league by a good margin.

I think it would look a bit ridiculous if we tried to go for Wright. 

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're probably waiting for Mourinho to come free.

1 minute ago, Lancashirearab said:

He is ITK.

He's turned into a pantomime villain that loves the attention but he still has a bit of info for what is happening at Tannadice. Of course he could just be trolling because maybe there are always meetings on a Monday and this is a coincidence.

The most frustrating thing about this is now how long it might drag out. The inevitable will happen but this board need to stop it from becoming even more of a farce and let it run its course over another two or three league games. They need to act now. Get someone in who the fans can get behind and put a positive PR spin on it with everything they have in order to get some supporters back into the ground. At the end of the day this is a business and the money is already beginning to run dry so they need to make a swift call with the business as the priority. 

42 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Board meeting tomorrow morning supposedly. Can only be 1 outcome surely, there is absolutely nothing Martin can say to justify keeping the clown on. 

The pie contract is up for renewal and the Board is considering competing bids.  Given your criticism of the food at Tannadice I assume you will be delighted with this news.

Personally I hope Arya Stark Bakers get the gig.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The pie contract is up for renewal and the Board is considering competing bids.  Given your criticism of the food at Tannadice I assume you will be delighted with this news.

Personally I hope Arya Stark Bakers get the gig.

Is that because Csaba is Dire (wolf)?