Dundee United 2018/2019

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm not too bothered about the League Cup, it is certainly not a priority, but getting through the group stages with the chance of even one decent, lucrative draw would be nice.  Given our precarious finances that would be beneficial.

Also all the other teams are in the same situation as us with regrards to their preperations for the season and we should be finishing first or second in the group without too much effort.

Aye, no argument from me on either of those points. My comment was simply in relation to the apparent incredulity that United were still training as if its pre season.

I still do expect us to finish first or second.

5 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

It's the curse of being a true European giant, a world renowned club, only respected by clubs of the same stature ...........

Well said. Barnet fans are the same when it comes to Arsenal.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It seems that Dundee fans genuinely want United to die.

Why? Taking things a bit far no? I love seeing Falkirk and Raith do shite but would never want them to die.

Picture the scene: It's your 18th year on this planet, you are excitedly heading to your own team's ground to see them deny your rivals the Scottish title as 30,000 of their fans pack out your dilapidated stadium.

Then the unthinkable happens.

You head home, lock yourself in your room and to top it all off- the final insult- all you can do is cry yourself to sleep listening to a Smiths record. The fucking Smiths.

That kind of trauma can make a person very bitter.

How would you feel?

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Picture the scene: It's your 18th year on this planet, you are excitedly heading to your own team's ground to see them deny your rivals the Scottish title as 30,000 of their fans pack out your dilapidated stadium.

Then the unthinkable happens.

You head home, lock yourself in your room and to top it all off- the final insult- all you can do is cry yourself to sleep listening to a Smiths record. The fucking Smiths.

That kind of trauma can make a person very bitter.

How would you feel?

That's more like it, a bit of wit, imagination and a little bit of stalking, to have a pop at me, well played. Much better than following me around the forum red dotting all my posts. Thank you.

Wato News

Cameroonian-Portuguese midfielder Wato Kuaté leaves the Rovaniemi Palloseura. According to RoPS, the initiative to dismantle the contract came from the comic. Kuaté, 22, arrived in Rovaniemi in March. He represented RoPS in the 17 Veikkausliiga match and in a cup game.

- This was regrettable, because at his own place Waton's potential was the top of this series, RoPS head coach Toni Koskela tells the club in the press release.

- In his mind, however, he grew larger than the other team. When dishonesty spread to the field, and it did not seem to change, this solution was better to do now that we still have to find a replacement for him. Football is a team game and we only need players who are committed to the team both on and off the field.

Kuaté does not leave his team in the middle of the season for the first time in his career. In 2017, he was allowed to leave the Dundee United club of Scotland. Kuaté lost his time as manager Ray McKinnon moved in from the right side of the box with Hamilton Academicalia.

McKinnon announced that Kuaté would never again play in Dundee. So did it.

That Morton moment was pretty fantastic, the rest of his appearances not so much (although his on pitch reaction to us beating Falkirk away was something to behold). 

On a separate note I noticed that on ArabZone the interviewer mentioned Adam Barton being our new "defender" and he has been given the number 5 shirt. I'm sure Laszlo will find a space for him out on the left wing.

I know we are only 2 games into the league cup but thats us pretty much already out. The standard of football we have played in 1st 2 games has been absolutely woeful. Keeper stopped it being 3 or 4 tonight. One upfront does NOT work in the championship. How long is Laszlo gonna get???

8 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, no argument from me on either of those points. My comment was simply in relation to the apparent incredulity that United were still training as if its pre season.

I still do expect us to finish first or second.

Mmmm...

What I am clinging onto is the backroom team- Ellis, Easton, Robertson and Alexander- seems to be fairly solid for when we rid ourselves of the buffoon. 

It will be a case of putting Laszlo and Fritzl on gardening leave without having to keep paying/compensate the others as they are clearly not appointments by Csambles.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What I am clinging onto is the backroom team- Ellis, Easton, Robertson and Alexander- seems to be fairly solid for when we rid ourselves of the buffoon. 

It will be a case of putting Laszlo and Fritzl on gardening leave without having to keep paying/compensate the others as they are clearly not appointments by Csambles.

I think this may be the way its going to happen.