Dundee United 2018/2019

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I agree that leaving no one up front at opposition corners is basically giving the opposition two goes at getting a ball in but plenty do it.

On our own corners, when I get the job, anyone involved in a short corner that fails to reach the box will be immediately substituted. It's literally already a free kick into the box, boils my piss.

We play with absolutely no aggression and seem content to stroke around the back 4 as if we are 1-0 up in a mid 90s serie A game. Part of the reason I won't be back isn't just that we are losing games, I'm not that huffy, it's just an incredibly boring way to spend a couple of hours. You will never see a more boring 3-2 in your life.

Of his signings Curran is an empty jersey, rabbitsch is worse than an empty jersey, the winger can't actually control a football, Barton looks like he can't be fucked although technically proficient

If I was trying to be positive I think the keeper looks fine, Frans is a definite upgrade and Clark is scoring goals. Fyvie will improve the team but not sure he will add the drive and physicality we are painfully lacking.

Don’t agree about Curran, but if we’re playing two up top then we need Clark or Curran playing alongside a target man.

Our new signings look fucking terrible other than Clark, Aird and Frans. Aird not too good yesterday but may get better and to be fair, he put in one lovely cross which is a massive and immediate upgrade on King and McMullan.

The keeper is so big and stalky he took about 30 seconds to drop to save the ball at one point too. Looked better than Lewis though. Not hard mind you.

The right back looked pish and fell asleep at one of the goals.

Rabbitsh looks shite.

Barton looks fucking awful. Passed with the outside of his foot twice to look fancy but was outpaced constantly by every single player on the pitch and failed to do anything positive. Was one of the worst players for me.

Curran looks like he'll be a waste of space. Reminded me of thon Australian guy Mcnafortune brought in with Sideshow Bob a few years back. Toothless.

Matty Smith, Robson and Edgenguele shouldnt be near the first team. Ever. Never football players.

Stanton was wasted out wide, like whenever he played there last season. Was also crap when in the middle. 

We'll need more than Fyvie Fraser to carry this team. Id start by bringing in Jim McIntyre. And play him up front too.

Eta Loemba looks like he'll be up and down. Mostly down. Our wingers have been so bad the last few years i think we've all forgotten what they are and anyone thats nearly fast is immediately seen as a good winger. Will judge more harshly after a few games.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

Just like to point out to anyone that missed it, that the sponsors man of the match was Barton.

Id like to think that it was awarded to him to give the remaining United fans a good laugh

11 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Both shit managers.

Correct. Its like asking if youd rather be kicked in the balls or punched in the face.

Both had the same problems, Csaba is just an amplified version of McKinnon other than McKinnon could form a sentence within 10 minuites.

Frans, Barton and Loemba look handy enough given time, Aird and particularly Clark hard to judge given our no-plan style. Need something else up front to link play.

I don't understand how Stanton gets games, he's weak as hell on the ball.

Having said this, a better manager would get a lot more out of this squad.

Frans, Barton and Loemba look handy enough given time, Aird and particularly Clark hard to judge given our no-plan style. Need something else up front to link play.
I don't understand how Stanton gets games, he's weak as hell on the ball.
Having said this, a better manager would get a lot more out of this squad.

That’s the thing about this squad, you know a better manager would be able to elevate so many of these players beyond their current level under Laszlo.

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The same Barton that shat a 50/50 that caused Dunfermline to go 2-1 up?

That Barton?

Appreciate we're in no place to be throwing stones right now, but the bold bit... that's not unprecedented.

On 05/07/2018 at 09:49, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Against my better judgment I'm wiping the slate clean, last season was a total cluster f**k, I think we can all agree , so I'm totally behind the manager. New team. New season. League tied up by November, Christmas at the latest. Until he proves me wrong blind faith and foolish optimism is my mantra emoji460.pngemoji460.pngemoji460.pngemoji460.pngemoji460.png️. F.T.D.'83.

On 05/07/2018 at 09:50, Pull My Strings said:

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on the basis that there may have been mitigating factors behind the scenes which made the job more difficult than it should have been. That's not to say that he shouldn't have made a better fist of it regardless or to excuse some of the decisions which must fall squarely on his shoulders but he may not be entirely culpable for everything that went wrong.

If Laszlo and Martin are to be believed however those issues have now been addressed. Any bad apples should be gone, he's got his own coaching team, a new scouting team, policies have been brought in to encourage a greater degree of team spirit, he has had the final say on all signings. If things go badly then there'll be nowhere for him to hide.

In any event, there's really no benefit to continuing to berate the man for past mistakes. If he fucks up again then he'll be gone soon enough. If he does well then last season's nonsense will all be forgiven.

On 05/07/2018 at 09:58, CaspianChris said:

This I agree with.  I am willing to allow him to prove himself now he has been able to bring in the players he wants this summer, of course if it goes horrible wrong then I hope the board would take the required action to change things.

My initially reaction after the Livingston playoff games was one of extreme anger at how things had turned out and I would wanted him gone then and on the spot at the Tony Macaroni Stadium.

Having seen the changes since over the summer I am once again feeling highly positive for the season ahead, failure will not be tolerated though.

S&G.

6 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The same Barton that shat a 50/50 that caused Dunfermline to go 2-1 up?

That Barton?

He didn't shit it, he tried to nick the ball past the Dunfermline player. He looks cumbersome, but is clearly talented.

49 minutes ago, banana said:

He didn't shit it, he tried to nick the ball past the Dunfermline player. He looks cumbersome, but is clearly talented.

He tried to be clever and do something fancy when it was clearly the wrong thing to do.

Generally though, i thought he looked shite.

He had the perfect opportunity to take the ball and cement the Pars player at the same time. Putting in those sort of tackles sets a standard that his teammates should follow. Be aggressive, stronger and hungry. Instead he thought he was a football player, lost it and they scored from it. Looking at both Aberdeen and Sevco today, their players were hammering into 50/50s yet we have a midfield that is shit scared to get involved with the dirty work

‪A “United Way” suggests that we as a club have a footballing philosophy and we are not simply funding one managers ideas on the game. If this is not the case then MM needs to go along with the manager, it is pure negligence. ‬