Dundee United 2018/2019

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I would love to have Willo back. There, I've said it. Come at me.

My abiding memory of Flood from last season was regularly taking quick free kicks and making an absolute c**t of every one.

A competent manager would have told him to stop doing it.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My abiding memory of Flood from last season was regularly taking quick free kicks and making an absolute c**t of every one.

I remember that, at first it looked like it would be a trickle but in fact turned into a deluge of quick free kicks, a flood if you will.

Sorry.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He's no Xavi, I'll give you that. 

I think those who are agin the motion have nothing to fear. Too much water under the bridge etc. Allow me my opinion however that he's a guy who brings a degree of intensity and commitment to a team which is virtually impossible to replace, certainly at this level. In a good team he's an underappreciated cog, in a bad team he stands out because he's the only c**t who isn't hiding. I doubt he would've been taking those freekicks if there was anyone else in the team with any bottle.

I ken there's folk who disagree. That's ok. It's a moot point now.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

He's no Xavi, I'll give you that. 

I think those who are agin the motion have nothing to fear. Too much water under the bridge etc. Allow me my opinion however that he's a guy who brings a degree of intensity and commitment to a team which is virtually impossible to replace, certainly at this level. In a good team he's an underappreciated cog, in a bad team he stands out because he's the only c**t who isn't hiding. I doubt he would've been taking those freekicks if there was anyone else in the team with any bottle.

I ken there's folk who disagree. That's ok. It's a moot point now.

I agree.

If we'd had a decent creative midfielder who could take the ball from a grafter like Flood last season he would have looked so much better.

Floods best work was when he was chasing people about down an idiot then finding a simple pass to a more technically gifted player.

The fact we had no one like that meant he was forced to try and create. Which isnt his game. And it was rubbish.

If we had someone like Swanson we'd not have been watching Floods free kicks or creative attempts.

He'd still be a useful player under the right manager who would play him in the correct role. That rules out his return to United. Especially when you also remember hes not quite Csabas number 1 fan...

Regarding the Reserve situation, it looked like, from the team lines for other sides in the division, they are actually using these fixtures as 'reserve' games.

We aren't intending to use the set up to give first team players who aren't getting time on the pitch with the first team a competitive match. Which is stupid in the extreme, and another reason for Csaba to go.

7 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If Laszlo was to be punted, who would you like to replace him?

Do you think our board have a plan in place should Laszlo not turn into a competent manager over night?

I'm always surprised when a manager gets the sack and the chairman seems to have no one in mind who should replace him or any kind of plan (see Stephen Thompson).

Flood

12 minutes ago, The DA said:

We could hoof the ball out of defence and he could use his youthful pace to chase it down...  oh, I see the flaw in my plan.

To start with, a Dundee United managers are now contractually obliged to operate without a plan of any sort.

So a hoofball style cant even be considered in the first place.

Have you learned nothing the past 4 years!?

But Kenny Miller would be a decent option for us imo. Zombie or no zombie.