Magnificent names archive

17 hours ago, shuggz said:

Biology teacher was one William Williams...immediately rechristened  Bill squared.

There was a guy in Dundee called Alexander Alexander who was known as double Ecky. 

The NFL draft tends to throw up a couple of gems every year - my favourite this year is Equanimeous St. Brown who signed for the Green Bay Packers.

Girl in work said she once met a posh English guy with the first name Joby - being posh and English he didn't see anything funny about it.

Guy that owned a kilt hire shop called Robin Banks. Maybe some of the Montrose contingent can confirm?
yes i think you are right. ive been away from montrose a few years but IIRC his name was Christopher Robin Banks and he had Highland Scene in Montrose

When I was still at primary school (going back to early 90’s) we used to get the big telly wheeled in every week to watch a shitey programme called Ghostwriter. One of the actors was magnificently called Sheldon Turnipseed.

When I was at Uni, the manager of our University-owned block of flats was a Mr Ewan Kelly. We didn't fully appreciate this until a Pakistani flatmate moved in and pronounced it "Eewan"

8 minutes ago, nsr said:

When I was at Uni, the manager of our University-owned block of flats was a Mr Ewan Kelly. We didn't fully appreciate this until a Pakistani flatmate moved in and pronounced it "Eewan"

Off topic here but dont you live down Newcastle way (pretty sure I read that somewhere recently)?

Is McEwan's Scotch and Newcastle Exhibition still a thing down there and if so is it readily available in supermarkets.