Fixtures conundrum

glensmad

All this just highlights how important it is to scrap all cups (Evening Times especially) with the exception of the West before next season starts - 30 league games keep in mind.

Additionally clubs should have to play a set quota of matches (say 14 league games by Christmas) or they start playing them on Astro under lights over the winter.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Helen's Dad said:

All this just highlights how important it is to scrap all cups (Evening Times especially) with the exception of the West before next season starts - 30 league games keep in mind.

Additionally clubs should have to play a set quota of matches (say 14 league games by Christmas) or they start playing them on Astro under lights over the winter.

Has a decision been made on that yet? Or is it a topic for discussion at this AGM?

Surely the Central League Cup semi final Glasgow Perthshire v Rutherglen Glencairn or Pollok can be played on Saturday now, after Pollok went out of the West of Scotland Cup last night ?

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Surely the Central League Cup semi final Glasgow Perthshire v Rutherglen Glencairn or Pollok can be played on Saturday now, after Pollok went out of the West of Scotland Cup last night ?

Defo should be I agree

4 teams out of the 16 in the top division. Cumnock petershill renfrew largs have plastic so hopefully games can be played during winter 

but no doubt the fixtures man will have them all playing away at the same time

Think all teams should nominate a  suitable floodlit astro venue and if they fall behind an agreed quota of completed games they should make them up on the astro over the winter.
Great idea let's all flock to the astro NOT, it's a horrid surface , hate watching games on it and I'm not alone , yet to see a decent match on one .

23 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Has a decision been made on that yet? Or is it a topic for discussion at this AGM?

Aye, wft is actually happening next season?  

the only thing I know to be concrete is there will be a bigger league and the Scottish Cup.

I'm sure more has been confirmed than that, just utterly baffled as to what.

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Aye, wft is actually happening next season?  

the only thing I know to be concrete is there will be a bigger league and the Scottish Cup.

I'm sure more has been confirmed than that, just utterly baffled as to what.

We'll just need to keep an eye on wikipedia.......or constantly pm Longtimelurker.

4 teams out of the 16 in the top division. Cumnock petershill renfrew largs have plastic so hopefully games can be played during winter 
but no doubt the fixtures man will have them all playing away at the same time

Is Clydebank not gonna be plastic as well as part of the new Holm park

Still no update on the Central semi or final? Surely it makes sense for every team still involved that the winners of Glencairn v Pollok face Perthshire on Saturday and the final is Wednesday next week? 

18 hours ago, JackD1908 said:

Still no update on the Central semi or final? Surely it makes sense for every team still involved that the winners of Glencairn v Pollok face Perthshire on Saturday and the final is Wednesday next week? 

Semi-final Perthshire v Pollok confirmed for Saturday 9th June k.o. 2pm

The final of the Central league cup is now next Thursday, I can’t fathom out how this game couldn’t have been played on the fri, we’d have got a much bigger turnout. No venue down yet either although it’s usually played at cambuslang

2 hours ago, TheNauld said:

The final of the Central league cup is now next Thursday, I can’t fathom out how this game couldn’t have been played on the fri, we’d have got a much bigger turnout. No venue down yet either although it’s usually played at cambuslang

West final Wednesday, Central final Thursday, ETC final Friday

Makes sure there's 3 days consecutive hospitality for the blazerati!

Archived