Most Popular Player

I was looking into the career of one of my favourite ever players, Javier Zanetti, and it got me thinking about how he seems to be almost universally liked. He was an excellent captain, a hard-working player that kept his head down and was a bit of a baller.

Another suggestion for me would be Xabi Alonso, excellent midfield, very handsome and suave as f**k.

79149e87587f08fb73220eb62e8c4b9c.jpg

10f9c3ff67be0da2206705aa883eb884.png

GettyImages-493576955.jpg

Name your (almost) universally liked players.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo...the REAL Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

Zlatan? The only person I've spoken to who doesn't like him (even begrudgingly) is my father in law who supports Chelsea so his opinion is void

Totti

Iniesta

6 hours ago, ali_91 said:

First of all, nobody gives a f**k about Zanetti apart from Italians, Argentinians and football hipsters. Alonso played for Liverpool and Real Madrid so we can put a nice cross through that one as well.

Pirlo, Totti and Heung Min Son are the three. /thread. 

He blew it with Real. 

Iniesta must be right up there. One of the best midfielders of his generation, doesn't seem to have a big ego, no stupid haircuts (not that he could to be fair), sleeve tattoos and pictures with movie stars. Has a good disciplinary record, I don't think I've ever seen him dive, and played for two of best sides to watch in recent history.  

Also appears on ice-cream adverts in Menorca (probably countrywide, but I've only seen them in Menorca) which further adds to his general nice guy persona.

GYI0061025192.jpg

From a similar generation I also loved Miroslav Klose and Kaka. They seemed like the sort of guys you'd want to be mates with.

Iniesta must be right up there. One of the best midfielders of his generation, doesn't seem to have a big ego, no stupid haircuts (not that he could to be fair), sleeve tattoos and pictures with movie stars. Has a good disciplinary record, I don't think I've ever seen him dive, and played for two of best sides to watch in recent history.  
Also appears on ice-cream adverts in Menorca (probably countrywide, but I've only seen them in Menorca) which further adds to his general nice guy persona.
GYI0061025192.jpg
From a similar generation I also loved Miroslav Klose and Kaka. They seemed like the sort of guys you'd want to be mates with.
certainly kaka. sure he planned on becoming a priest or preacher when he retired.

also lewandowski. scores 4 against real madrid and went home and asked whats for tea. the man is really grounded

Zidane is of course the correct answer

Incorrect. Paolo Maldini is the correct answer. One of, if not the greatest defender of all time, and without question the most handsome footballer that has ever lived, and I include David Beckham, Mats Hummels and Olivier Giroud in that.

IMG_3699.thumb.jpg.029c400c325ba3f0d8f5a810cd178ed6.jpg

Look how handsome and cool he still is at nearly 50 years of age. An absolute swag daddy. Show me someone that claims to dislike Paolo Maldini and I’ll show you a liar.

Archived