Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hows that fair to anyone? Barca had the ball so why should they compete for a drop ball if they were incorrectly penalised?

That's why I said it wasn't for me to decide. VAR is being brought in to get the correct decision, that quite clearly wasn't the right decision. 

Are we just to accept that it'll only be used to correct the wrong decisions when it suits them? Seems a bit redundant then, doesn't it? 

Aye feels like Liverpool had a chance at the early goal, but Barca simply stepped up a gear and have taken charge. 

Scoreline depends on how arsed Messi van be bothered being.

Just now, Dele said:

That's why I said it wasn't for me to decide. VAR is being brought in to get the correct decision, that quite clearly wasn't the right decision. 

Are we just to accept that it'll only be used to correct the wrong decisions when it suits them? Seems a bit redundant then, doesn't it? 

VAR was brought in to assist referees, nothing more, nothing less. It's not the VARs job to analyse every single incident throughout the match and try and right that wrong, otherwise we'd be seeing every single tackle that looks soft ending up in drop balls/free kicks the opposite way the entire match.

Some decisions, like that offside, cannot be reversed, any possible way you try to do it doesnt work. I've no idea why you're struggling with that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

VAR was brought in to assist referees, nothing more, nothing less.

:huh:

Which is exactly why it should be overturning wrongful offsides. Its an absolute waste of time if it can only make calls based on how easy it is to do the phase of play over. 

Shaqiri was completely anonymous for half an hour or so before being noticeable simply for giving the ball away. The disparity in technical ability between Busquets/Rakitic/Vidal and Henderson/Milner is frightening (I'll let Fabinho off).
If they can keep a clean sheet then I reckon they'll claw it back, but the only thing stopping Barca has been Barca, which you'd imagine won't continue.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

:huh:

Which is exactly why it should be overturning wrongful offsides. Its an absolute waste of time if it can only make calls based on how easy it is to do the phase of play over. 

THERE IS NO LOGICAL WAY TO OVERTURN AN OFFSIDE LIKE THAT. THATS WHY IT ISNT USED FOR THAT.

I've made it really easy to read, since you seem to struggling to understand such a simple concept.

The set pieces for both sides have been absolutely woeful. No huge problem with trying to hit someone at the front post, but the deliveries haven’t even been close.

Much like the first leg, Coutinho does not fit this Barcelona system when the opposition are pressing and playing at a high tempo, and is a total passenger.

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Shaqiri was completely anonymous for half an hour or so before being noticeable simply for giving the ball away. The disparity in technical ability between Busquets/Rakitic/Vidal and Henderson/Milner is frightening (I'll let Fabinho off).
If they can keep a clean sheet then I reckon they'll claw it back, but the only thing stopping Barca has been Barca, which you'd imagine won't continue.

Yeah, Shaqiri doesn't look like he's supposed to be here, same with Origi. Liverpool could probably get away with one of them up there, but not both.

In saying that, game on!