Premier League 2018-19

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure anyone can deny that its a stinker of a super sunday. Probably didnt want to go head to head with the Ryder Cup.

It’s not all about the big clubs of course :P.

The Ryder Cup will be the reason why. Pray for the Sky Sports jockeys of Scotland. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure anyone can deny that its a stinker of a super sunday. Probably didnt want to go head to head with the Ryder Cup.

Good point. They have to show the shite of the league that nobody wants to watch at points during the season, so smart move actually putting on games like that during another event that everyone would watch instead anyway.

Don’t have that excuse for MNF though.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Good point. They have to show the shite of the league that nobody wants to watch at points during the season, so smart move actually putting on games like that during another event that everyone would watch instead anyway.Don’t have that excuse for MNF though.

Corrie and Eastenders are on HM.

Strangely enough, as much as the Sunday & Monday games don’t look too appealing on paper, it’s usually the matches between any of the top 6 that turn out to be massively beige despite Sky’s usual hype-jobs. I’ve more confidence in Bournemouth v Palace being a far more entertaining game than if it were say, Arsenal v Man Utd that was on.

Now that I’ve said that;

Bournemouth 0 Palace 0...

I skimmed through LiveScore earlier to see what Premier League games were on today. Thought it was weird that there wasn't any, so re-checked and then realised/remembered that Burnley v Cardiff isn't a Championship game...

On paper anyway, sure the quality of football will be 100% Championship.

4 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I skimmed through LiveScore earlier to see what Premier League games were on today. Thought it was weird that there wasn't any, so re-checked and then realised/remembered that Burnley v Cardiff isn't a Championship game...

On paper anyway, sure the quality of football will be 100% Championship.

Wrong. It's more like League One. 

18 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Apart from their own fans, no one cares about the clubs outside the top 5 + Man Utd.

Rab and Mastermind are EPL brand fanboys.
Unsurprising to see them fully buy into Sky's shtick that games like Huddersfield v Fulham is phenomenal entertainment unmatched in world football.

It’s sky sports jockeys like you that expect it to be anything more than it is. 

21 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Good point. They have to show the shite of the league that nobody wants to watch at points during the season, so smart move actually putting on games like that during another event that everyone would watch instead anyway.

Don’t have that excuse for MNF though.

It's a European midweek, so they need a fixture not involving the top 6.

On 30/09/2018 at 02:08, Cerberus said:

Cardiff v Burnley tomorrow on Sky.

The standard will be no better than Hearts v St Johnstone.

You were correct. The Brighton - West Ham game was the same, and all the Rolex adverts and fancy graphics flashing across the screen doesn’t change it. The only reason I kept a Sky package was for the PGA golf and SPFL but I’ve ended up buying an Android box for that and cancelling Sky. They lost the rights to Champions and Europa League, La Liga and the majority of Scottish Football, yet their prices went up. They take their customer for mugs. When I phoned to cancel they tried to tempt me back by telling me they still had MLS and Formula 1 :lol: 

Edited by IrishBhoy