Early Season predictions

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Szamo liking this post. Dobbie has certainly rattled the pair of you emoji38.png

No, he's the best striker in the division, that's not really up for debate. The reason he didn't score against better opposition will be largly down to us creating fewer chances against them because we are a poorer side overall. If Dobbie was in the St Mirren squad last season I've no doubt he'd have rattled them in against the better side and increased his tally as well.

Like Messi in that god awful Argentina side. There's only so much one man can do. Even Messi couldnt pull that horseshit further. I fear the worst for queen's next season.

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Like Messi in that god awful Argentina side. There's only so much one man can do. Even Messi couldnt pull that horseshit further. I fear the worst for queen's next season.

Yep. Looking at the squad as it stands it`s hard not to be pessimistic in all honesty. 

1 Ross county - Big spenders

2 Dunfermline - Seem to have a good strong team that I feel will be hard to beat

3 Falkirk - I think they will click this season and keep picking up points

4 Jags - Just squeeze into fourth but will be adrift of top 3

5 United - mix of manger and off field problems overshadowing what happens on the pitch. A weaker team as well 

6 Queens - Harkins, Dobbie and Dykes could well be a lethal combination but our defence still looks weak. Wont be many clean sheets for us

7 Morton - Along with Inverness and perhaps Ayr will be in the playoff chasing pack. Queens and Morton very close for 6th 

8 Inverness - This seasons full time flops. If Rooney plays expect a lot of trouble down his side. 

9 Ayr - Will probably take more points than last years Dumbarton but ultimately finish 9th. Back them to stay in the league though if they do find themselves in Playoffs

10 Alloa - Will take more points than Brechin but sadly not enough. 

1. Ross County

2. Dundee United 

3. Partick Thistle

4. Greenock Morton

5. Falkirk

6. Dunfermline Athletic

7. Inverness CT

8. Queen of the South

9. Ayr United

10. Alloa Athletic

Edited by Slacker

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems to be a lot of people here who dont understand that Falkirk generally get handed the title pre-season.

Also, minter for anyone claiming they wouldnt have Dobbie in their team.

Spunking all their money on Dobbie has achieved absolutely nothing for Queen of the South; I'd rather have a squad that isn't absolutely gubbins instead. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Spunking all their money on Dobbie has achieved absolutely nothing for Queen of the South; I'd rater have a squad that isn't absolutely gubbins instead. 

For not one nanosecond do I want to BE QoS. If they have sacrificed competitiveness to have Dobbie then more fool them (Journeymen LOL) but the fact remains, I would have Dobbie in a heartbeat

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Spunking all their money on Dobbie has achieved absolutely nothing for Queen of the South; I'd rather have a squad that isn't absolutely gubbins instead. 

You missed Bairnardo’s point VT. He said we would welcome Donnie at Falkirk, not that he wanted the full QoS squad.

Dobbie would be an asset to any team in this league.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You missed Bairnardo’s point VT. He said we would welcome Donnie at Falkirk, not that he wanted the full QoS squad.

Dobbie would be an asset to any team in this league.

No, you're missing the point that you can't just take Dobbie in isolation - their squad is dross because they pushed the boat out to sign him. A strategy that has proven to be a massive failure for them. 

No, you're missing the point that you can't just take Dobbie in isolation - their squad is dross because they pushed the boat out to sign him. A strategy that has proven to be a massive failure for them. 
Well of course you can. The arguement here is whether or not he still rates as the best or one of the best players in the league. He is, of course.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

No you are missing the point. The point the Utd fan made was around Dobbie not being a good striker at this level. Not around the impact his wages have made on Queens overall squad.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well of course you can. 

No you can't champ - because we're talking about professional football clubs who have to pay wages to their players rather than picking them at random like a park kickabout. The standard of the players, the club's resources and the club's performance can't be split apart.

The arguement here is whether or not he still rates as the best or one of the best players in the league. He is, of course.

No, you argued that it would be a

minter for anyone claiming they wouldnt have Dobbie in their team.

Which isn't same question at all. Dobbie is clearly better than some absolute jobber like Bob McHugh, but I wouldn't want Morton to spunk their budget on him because it's not worth the investment. As Queen of the South's utter failure with their bloated 'marquee signing' shows. 

Which isn't same question at all. Dobbie is clearly better than some absolute jobber like Bob McHugh, but I wouldn't want Morton to spunk their budget on him because it's not worth the investment. As Queen of the South's utter failure with their bloated 'marquee signing' shows. 

Im not sure anyone else was having that conversation tbh.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

No you can't champ - because we're talking about professional football clubs who have to pay wages to their players rather than picking them at random like a park kickabout. The standard of the players, the club's resources and the club's performance can't be split apart.

No, you argued that it would be a

You have made your own agenda now.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'll try and keep this as simple as possible for your benefit.  Signing Stephen Dobbie didn't/doesn't  impact on the Club's wage bill anywhere near the extent that you seem to think it does. The majority if not all his wages are not paid by the club. I don't think I'm giving away any secrets here.  Yes,  when he came back he said it was to help QoS hopefully gain promotion but to be honest it would take more than one man's introduction to do that,  however good he was.  The fact that defensively we were fragile means that Dobbie's goals have without doubt kept us in the Championship so his benefit to the Club has been just as beneficial. The Manager had the same budget irrespective of Dobbie being here or not,  unfortunately he didn't use it wisely enough to build a solid defensive base. Dobbie being here  probably puts a few extra bums on seats and sells a few extra season tickets which,  considering we have a fairly small hard-core of fans, means he is attracting money into the club that we may not have had.