France vs Australia

lichtie23

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

To be fair to Mark he's got f**k all to be excited about here. Dead game.

Lawrenson would have sounded exactly the same if he`d been doing last night`s Portugal-Spain match.  He`s actually sounding relatively cheery by his usual standards.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The FIFA rankings reckon Switzerland and Chile are better than Spain. Anyone who takes anything from them is a moron, to be frank. 

France don't look they've ever played together. Every single major tournament this seems to happen to them. 

Chile won the South American championship, beating Argentina in the final (and Mexico 7-0 along the way) and then made the final of the Confederations Cup.

Switzerland cruised through World Cup qualifying and have only lost one game since November 2015. They went out of Euro 16 unbeaten, on penalties to Poland.

Spain's record has been pretty similar, but they lost to Croatia at the Euros, and then 2-0 to Italy, going out at the same stage as Switzerland.

At the last World Cup, Spain got horsed by Chile and the Netherlands and went out in the group stage, while Switzerland made the last 16.

I don't know about you, but I think the best way to judge how good a team is on its results.

Slagging the world rankings went out of fashion in the 90s.

22 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

This.

World Rankings had Saudi Arabia as a better side than Russia.

The Saudi manager who took them through qualifying is now in charge of Australia...

Australia aren't wearing green shorts for some reason and it's ticking me off.

France is in blue with white shorts so it honestly shouldn't be a problem. Feels like I'm watching some discount Torquay United side rather than the damn Aussies.

Archived