England v Panama

Cerberus

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Duffy_ said:

On the bright side, the whole of England will be incredibly over confident after this. Hopefully they take something off Belgium, win the group and then get pumped by Germany. in the last 16. 

Worryingly, if they lose to Belgium - quite possible - they have a pretty decent run until at least the semis.  I hate where this is going.

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

They beat a shite Tunisia team 2-1 with two goals from set pieces and are scudding Panama. Croatia have been better than England so far, for a start.

They were excellent against Tunisia and should have been 4-0 up before they conceded the penalty and had to work hard to get the win against a side sitting in playing for a draw. Again, that's what good teams do, they get results by hook or crook. Today they have been absolutely sublime and the half time score doesn't flatter them one bit.

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

According to the potato heads camped out in the Irish bar I just passed on the way to the supermercado football is coming home.

Wish we were here for the knock-out stages.

I'll be in Thailand for the knockouts, I'll be wearing a cheap knock off of what ever country they are playing and will most definitely be on the wind up.  Can't wait

I remember hearing about Hungary beating El Salvador 10-1 in 1982 and seething a little that I was too young to see a side score double figures at a World Cup. Surely it must have been tremendous entertainment.

This was not what I had in mind.

Archived