How did you meet your friends and/or partners?

Met Mrs Duszek in a Covent Garden bar when she was visiting from Peru. 

My friends have been picked up along the way - growing up in Glasgow, uni in Dublin & Paris, summer jobs in San Francisco, teaching English in Poland, working in London and now in Geneva... I don't get to see them as a result, which ain't great. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, throbber said:

No, I just thought it was a known fact that most new couples that get together meet each other online.

If it’s a “known fact” then it will be incredibly easy for you to provide supporting evidence.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

... most new couples that get together meet each other online.

That’s conjecture.

43 minutes ago, throbber said:

I hate you.

That’s a fact.

Do you now understand the difference?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If it’s a “known fact” then it will be incredibly easy for you to provide supporting evidence.

If you do a quick Google search, you'll find a load of surveys claiming that most new relationships start online. Some of them don't immediately seem to have been commissioned by dating sites like Zoosk or eHarmony either; fancy.

I'd imagine they'd get different results from users of sites the elderly P&Ber may be interested in, such as LemonParty. You should check it out.

10 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If you do a quick Google search, you'll find a load of surveys claiming that most new relationships start online. Some of them don't immediately seem to have been commissioned by dating sites like Zoosk or eHarmony either; fancy.

I'd imagine they'd get different results from users of sites the elderly P&Ber may be interested in, such as LemonParty. You should check it out.

I prefer folk who make the claims to provide the evidence.  I’ll treat the comment about “elderly” with the contempt it deserves, though on a serious point new relationships apply to people of all age groups.

I prefer folk who make the claims to provide the evidence.  I’ll treat the comment about “elderly” with the contempt it deserves, though on a serious point new relationships apply to people of all age groups.

[emoji42]

1 hour ago, throbber said:

What an angry man Granny Danger is.

If you take out an 'n' from Granny and rearrange the letters, you get the word 'angry'. If you take out the 'D' in Danger you get 'anger'. I don't think this is a coincidence. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If you take out an 'n' from Granny and rearrange the letters, you get the word 'angry'. If you take out the 'D' in Danger you get 'anger'. I don't think this is a coincidence. 

I’ll bet he listens to Angry Anderson.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

What an angry man Granny Danger is.

Trying to make up for the absolute bitch slapping Banana dished out to him the other week and taking it out on you mate.  You should try and find it in your heart to forgive him, its what Jesus would want. :lol:

You could also change the GR in Granny for an F and in Danger you could swap the D for a W and the G for a K. 

Alshit Fergpisscum is only marginally worse than the above.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Alshit Fergpisscum is only marginally worse than the above.

Been out two nights on the trot so my brain is not what it was. Feels like it's melting and going to leak out of my ears. Was chatting to someone last night who had recently had a P&B hero of the Championship and League One relegation pisstake threads in his establishment and claimed he was charming and delightful towards his staff:

gbrj_woking_kew_007.jpg?itok=g5ouxjvo&mt

Been out two nights on the trot so my brain is not what it was. Feels like it's melting and going to leak out of my ears. Was chatting to someone last night who had recently had a P&B hero of the Championship and League One relegation pisstake threads in his establishment and claimed he was charming and delightful towards his staff:
gbrj_woking_kew_007.jpg?itok=g5ouxjvo%26mtime=1488517542&key=7d4b7ac501cfa0e2c41fbd0127ae7349a24ff6d341a926d8d5f8a6ee39e6daf1

I suspected the caffeine and alcohol may be taking its toll. Did the story come about because you brought up P&B, I dearly hope so.

Like most on here, met my friends through school. Met my best mate in primary school and still see him on a semi regular basis. The others i met through a mate we all knew. Surprised to read on here that other folk don’t see there mates as much. I have had that for a wee while, living in methil and them being in kirkcaldy hasnt helped. A lot of them weren’t even seeing each other as much either. we were at a wedding last month and decided to try and get together as a bunch every few months, we are doing the escape rooms in edinburgh in September.
Met the wife online through a thing called faceparty. Dont even know if it still exists.

Archived