What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

The worst, the most inept, useless Tory Govt in my lifetime, and that includes the Thatcher/Heath eras, looks set to romp home come the next GE.

Why?

There's been not a scrap of opposition. Who would you blame for that? When will it dawn on anyone within the Labour Party that the only way they're going to make any progress is by ditching Corbyn.  What does it take for the message to get through?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Corbyn is exactly the right guy that the establishment need in that position the past few years- an utter diddy that won't rock the Tory's vision for this country. He's there to stop any proper opposition to the shit-show we're getting. 

The worst, the most inept, useless Tory Govt in my lifetime, and that includes the Thatcher/Heath eras, looks set to romp home come the next GE.
Why?
There's been not a scrap of opposition. Who would you blame for that? When will it dawn on anyone within the Labour Party that the only way they're going to make any progress is by ditching Corbyn.  What does it take for the message to get through?

Given that Labour have responded to their battering in scotland by electing a series of absolute diddies to the position of leader it would appear the message will never get through.

The one positive for them is that, should they man up and go for an election, then take a battering, it can likely be pinned mostly on Corbyn. People like Starmer have probably gained a fair amount of goodwill and credibility and could step in.

3 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Given that Labour have responded to their battering in scotland by electing a series of absolute diddies to the position of leader it would appear the message will never get through.

The one positive for them is that, should they man up and go for an election, then take a battering, it can likely be pinned mostly on Corbyn. People like Starmer have probably gained a fair amount of goodwill and credibility and could step in.

Totally agree.

Starmer should be stepping in right now.

Might be happening soon, given that there is a shadow cabinet meeting taking place right now, but somehow I doubt it.

I kinda agree with Labours position i wouldnt dance to johnsons tune about the date for an election.I would make the c**t sweat and continually get humiliated .However there is only a small window before they really do become "chicken"

41 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I kinda agree with Labours position i wouldnt dance to johnsons tune about the date for an election.I would make the c**t sweat and continually get humiliated .However there is only a small window before they really do become "chicken"

Corbyn appears to me to be every bit as much in humiliation as Johnson.

Would you agree with the SNP/Lib Dem proposal to call for an election on December 9th? That would prevent Johnson bringing back his crap deal for a vote before that date.

I most certainly do but i was just trying to look at it from a "labour" view

Corbyn appears to me to be every bit as much in humiliation as Johnson.
Would you agree with the SNP/Lib Dem proposal to call for an election on December 9th? That would prevent Johnson bringing back his crap deal for a vote before that date.

2 hours ago, Aladdin said:

There is no chance that the membership of the Labour Party who elect the leader will vote in Keir Starmer.  Sadly there is not an obvious replacement for Corbyn; someone who is genuinely left of centre, is competent and can command authority.

Clive Lewis is the closest I can think of.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There is no chance that the membership of the Labour Party who elect the leader will vote in Keir Starmer.  Sadly there is not an obvious replacement for Corbyn; someone who is genuinely left of centre, is competent and can command authority.

I think the next Labour leader will be female.

18 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I think the next Labour leader will be female.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Name a competent female MP who is likely to get the backing of those needed to become Labour Party leader.

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

She's blown it     

At today's meeting of the Shadow Cabinet Diane Abbott tore into Labour MPs opposed to an election, saying the PLP can "go f*** themselves".

Oh dear that's a shame.

Arguably the only Labour Party member who could make more of a c**t of the leadership gig than Corbyn.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm not so sure.  If Labour loses the next election then that will be four in a row. Somebody will say "we need to stop talking about Left and Right and start tallking about Winning because it is only by winning that we can actually change anything".  IMO even those who thought Corbyn was a breath of fresh air would listen.