Mortimer and Whitehouse's heart healthy food.

Tony Ferrino

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Should have had Fergal Sharkey.  Agreed that it didn’t work.  Lee Mack seems really boring.  

Fergal Sharkey would at least have been some continuity.

Vegan fishing? I don’t want to be that man, but I find myself shaking my head. Magnet fishing isn’t fishing. Doing it right beside someone who is actually trying to fish is poor form. Just so wrong. Were they trying to kill Paul off by bringing on another heart attack?

Next time, get a celeb who can actually fish, or better yet, get Bob back. Shingles usually takes some time to clear up though, so maybe give someone else a bell. I hope it’s Harry Enfield.

I suppose it’s hard finding another comedy bod from the ‘90s with heart disease.

Edited by Scary Bear

I only really watch WILTY when Bob's on but I like Lee Mack when I've seen him on that. I've never liked any of his other TV or his stand up but I find him quite inoffensive / not annoying like I'd find a lot of others if they were in his place. He also came across well when he was on Adam buxton's podcast saying he knows it's a bit strange that someone like him has got so heavily into Buddhism and meditating in the last few years and his story of trying coke was funny. 

Obviously it wasn't the same without Bob and they probably could have got someone more suited but I thought it was passable as a one off even if I won't watch it again.

Edited by derrybiy

I was thinking Bob chose Lee so there was no chance of him replacing Bob.:lol:

It really was silly though, they should have at least tried to stick as closely as they could to the formula that made it a success. I thought the chucking the magnet in next to Paul's line was an attempt to annoy him like Bob does, and they still did the cooking bit, but it all felt off, and disconnected, even the bits where Paul was fishing didn't feel right, it was like watching from a distance, rather than being up close and part of it.

With Bob and Paul they're together catching and landing the fish, with one of them getting it in the net, admiring the fish and putting it back in the water, they have wee chats and joke about, go to an accomadation and a bit of banter there too, it's all just lovely to watch as a viewer, but Sunday's show was nothing like that and felt awkward and uncomfortable, rather than relaxed and easy.

Bob's back, yay.

Looking old and frail, can see he's not over his shingles, but still a hell of a lot better than last week's show.

Near had a tear in my eye watching that episode, going back to their first series, episode 3, 6 years ago, jeez, doesn't time fly. Loved every minute of it, hopefully Bob is back to full health and has plenty of vim and vigor in the next series.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 09/10/2023 at 02:06, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bob's back, yay.

Looking old and frail, can see he's not over his shingles, but still a hell of a lot better than last week's show.

Near had a tear in my eye watching that episode, going back to their first series, episode 3, 6 years ago, jeez, doesn't time fly. Loved every minute of it, hopefully Bob is back to full health and has plenty of vim and vigor in the next series.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, Bob Mortimer is going to make me eat every word I’ve ever said about conspicuous acts of public grieving over celebrities.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 04/12/2023 at 22:38, stanton said:

This year’s Christmas special sees Bob & Paul heading to Scotland in search of Salmon, Mystic Wilf will allegedly make an appearance, can’t find a transmission date yet 

I didn’t spot Mystic Wilf, but even still that was the best hour of telly all year.  The awards ceremony and Bob’s gift got belly laughs from me. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I didn’t spot Mystic Wilf, but even still that was the best hour of telly all year.  The awards ceremony and Bob’s gift got belly laughs from me. 

Yeah sadly mystic Wilf didn’t appear, but definitely the best thing I have seen over the festive season, and a new series is on the way next year 

10 hours ago, stanton said:

Yeah sadly mystic Wilf didn’t appear, but definitely the best thing I have seen over the festive season, and a new series is on the way next year 

I really wish all episodes were an hour long.  It’s the perfect pace. 

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

13 hours ago, stanton said:

Bob has delivered the goods…

I‘m a fan of both but a latecomer to this show. Have bugger all interest in fishing but it’s really not about that anyway. Just lovely.

Only noticed it on iplayer yesterday, fantastic again from them, such  an easy watch. Watching this is like cuddling up with a loved one in front of a log fire with a mug of cocoa/large dram/glass of red wine, makes you feel all fuzzy and warm. 

On 04/01/2024 at 11:55, jimbaxters said:

It was great but when did Claire Grogan begin morphing into Maggie Thatcher?

Just watched it there and was struck with the same thought 😀

😱

On 05/01/2024 at 23:52, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only noticed it on iplayer yesterday, fantastic again from them, such  an easy watch. Watching this is like cuddling up with a loved one in front of a log fire with a mug of cocoa/large dram/glass of red wine, makes you feel all fuzzy and warm. 

image.png.a3e6c192119305acddf024e683c62078.png